Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Yay... halfway there! :)


5 month belly
Originally uploaded by Jaimemjfan.
So yesterday I hit the 20 week mark. Very exciting. I also managed to get myself a new blogging ticker, courtesy of Sweety's site, since my old one stopped working.
I forced my husband to take my "belly picture" this morning. It's like pulling teeth. The man cannot work a camera. And he's not patient enough to learn. Most of them were completely crooked (or blurry) and the rest I have a retarded look on my face because it's hard to fake a smile when you're ready to eat your husband. I can TOTALLY see it now... dozens of scrapbooks of the baby and daddy... and not one picture of her mom. Hrmph. Seriously... it's just pushing a button - it's really not that hard!
Last night we went to Old Navy while we were waiting for Olive Garden. (Never ending pasta bowl is back - $7.95 all you can eat - best thing EVER!!) Well, anyway, my mom bought me a couple of maternity t's that I LOVE and I wanted to go back and get more. They only had sizes that would fit people that shouldn't be old enough to have babies, so I got a couple of long-sleeved ones instead, which I also love. Usually getting Shawn into a store is like pulling teeth. Getting him into the baby department is like pulling the teeth of a rabid, fully-awake mountain lion. Last night he actually willingly wandered over there. I was quite shocked. I joined him and he kept picking up outfits telling me how cute they were. I told him about Chris over at RudeCactus and how he loves buying his little bean clothes (hoping he'd hear stories of other MEN buying BABY GIRL clothes and decide that it wasn't as taboo as he previously thought). It was very sweet watching this refuses-to-go-shopping, beer-drinking, doesn't-acknowledge-that-pink-is-a-color, sports star manly man perusing the infant section for his baby girl. Maybe there is hope afterall... :)

9 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Shawn it is not taboo for men to shop for baby girl clothes at all. Darren has been looking everywhere he goes for the last month, and it isn't even his baby!!! I think he is almost as excited for Rylee as I am!!! :o)

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Girl clothes shopping is the best.

Rylee will have her daddy so wraped around her little pinky he will be doing anything for her.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

You look so cute!

Wait till the baby is born. My husband though shopping was a joke... now he dresses up our kids like we're on a fashion parade.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

you look fantastic!!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Bek said...

most of my pics so far are baby and daddy - i hear ya! my hub doesn't just think "o, they look so cute together!" and grab a camera, like i do about him and iz. o well, what can u do? anyway,to make up for the non-picture taking, i have noticed that my husband suddenly likes shopping, if its for israel!! i bet shawn will too!! :) and i agree with everyone - u look great at 20 weeks!! u go girl!! no cravings yet, huh?

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Bek said...

by the way, what happenned to your photo?

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie, I'm ashamed for not keeping up with your good news. I'm so excited for you :-) Rylee is so lucky to have you! Although we didn't have a gender preference, James used to say that he never pictured having baby girls, it just seemed so foreign to him since he grew up with only one sibling--a brother. He is such a great dad to them, though. He says now, that he cannot imagine having a boy :-) I used to worry that I would not have the same bond with them as I had with my dad, but so far, we seem like peas and carrots :-) I love them so much.

It's such a treat sharing in such an important and exciting time in you life. And, about the shopping...let the fun begin :-) It is a definite blast shopping for girls.

I'm so excited for you...Yeah!!!!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Bek said...

btw, do u have an email address??

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Hi Bek - I haven't been on forever - I'm just seeing your picture - fun!!
I do have email: for now I'll give you my 2nd one - it's jaimemjfan@msn.com. Just let me know when you send me an email and I'll respond using the email that I regularly use;) (Did that make any sense?) The one I use has my last name and I'm paranoid about putting it on here. :) he he

 

Post a Comment

<< Home