Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Puppy love


Puppy love
Originally uploaded by Jaimemjfan.
Last night Jamie and Jenn came over for a puppy play date. Their new puppy, Tessy, is a 8 week old yellow lab. The pups had so much fun playing together and were so cute. Both were worn out at the end of the night and slept like babies. (Rumor has it that Tessy was asleep before she left the driveway).

On Sunday CC got her beans! They were actually pretty good, too. I was so proud of myself. They got started a little late thanks to the husband forcing us to stay out until 2:30 am on Sunday morning (I was very near divorcing, then killing, him). My parents and my sister came over and put the wallpaper border in the nursery. It looks SO CUTE! I will post pictures later. This was just one of the typical conversations that took place with my mother:
Me: I can't wait to get more for the walls - atleast in a week I will be able to paint the alphabet letters and hang them up
Mom: Well let me tell you - when so-and-so was pregnant with so-and-so, they told her that she was having a girl 3 times and it turned out to be a boy!
(Sister: Yeah, and I'm pretty sure that ultrasounds have advanced over the last 30,000 years)
Me: Yeah yeah... anyway, I'm not going to RETURN the other letters... that way if it turns out that I have the opposite I will just have to paint them and replace the others (as I hold letters up to the wall where they will go)
Mom: X?!? What would you name it that starts with an "x"?
Me: Xander John
Mom: WHAT?!?
Me: You know "Alexander"? well, take off the "alec" ...
Mom: WHAT?!? How do you spell that??
Me: Alexander minus the "A-l-e"
Mom: WHAT?!?
Me: Yeah, that's what we've decided - that's how it is
Mom: WELL WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO NAME IT IF IT'S A BOY?
(Sister is actually crying real tears laughing so hard as I shake my head looking at her)

One, seriously, cannot make this shit up.

5 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Bek said...

story with ur mom had me cracking up!!!!!!! nursery is soo cute - i was thinking u were doing pastel noahs ark? or did i get u mixed up with somebody? Xander for a boy - i like it! love unique names - what if a girl?

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I laughed out loud too that was too funny. Man your mom sounds like a piece of work.

Love the puppies oh they are adorable.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

xander is a great name. I am all about the unique names, my sister had a baby girl today her name is Noor. Wasnt sure at first but as I say it more it grows on ya.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

That's too funny.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

Bek, you're right... I AM doing pastel Noah's Ark :), but also adding in some of that Carter's cuz it's cute and it kinda goes with the Noah's ark. :)
Glad you guys like the name!! If it's a girl it's going to be Rylee. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home