Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

100 Things about me

So, I've been thinking that it's fun to learn about my blogging friends through their "things about me" lists. The first was Angela's ... and then I found Humor Girl's and then I found Karla's. I think it will be a stretch to come up with this many but I'm going to give it my best. I don't promise they'll be interesting things. ;)

1. I'm 5'9
2. I've only worn makeup 8 times in my life
3. I've been wanting children since I was born
4. It took me 24 months to conceive the one I'm carrying now
5. I'm allergic to everything even though I always had 2-3 cats growing up
6. I have a "pet of the month" that I basically become obsessed with wanting and I convince myself that I won't be allergic to it and then beg my husband incessantly for it (Hedgehog, anyone?)
7. He finally gave in last week and now we're the proud parents of an 18 week old puppy named Manny
8. I'm scared of big mean dogs
9. I'm happy when it rains - even though I don't like to get wet with my clothes on
10. My favorite colors are blue and yellow
11. My favorite movie is "ocean's 11"
12. It takes me 16 minutes to go from bed to car in the morning (which is exactly twice as long as it used to take me)
13. I have only used a blow-dryer twice in the past 3 years
14. I have a husband who thinks it takes me longer than any other girl on the planet to get ready
15. I LOVE chocolate
16. I've never tried milk (although I have tried Hershey's chocolate milk)
17. As of age 18, the only vegetables I had ever tried were corn and potato
18. My parents are still married
19. My mother has only told me she loved me once (and it was only after I told her first)
20. I am obsessed with my teeth - I brush 3-4 x a day and floss religiously every night
21. I don't like TV, but I love movies
22. It took me over 6 months to learn how to turn on the TV when we switched to satellite
23. I am completely grossed out by blood and veins
24. I TOTALLY hate cigarette smoke and not just because I am allergic
25. I once did 19 shots in 1 minute, 37 seconds
26. I have a tattoo of a basketball with a Nike swoosh running through it (which I got on the same day as the shots were taken)
27. My father still doesn't know I have a tattoo after 9 years
28. I was scared of my father growing up
29. I LOVE taking pictures (especially of babies)
30. My pictures look nothing like Leesa's or Laura's :)
31. I don't feel educated in politics enough to vote
32. I have the memory of a goldfish
33. I clip coupons and am a major bargain-shopper
34. I absolutely love my friends and cannot imagine life without them
35. My sister is one of my very best friends
36. I know how lucky I am to be married to my husband
37. But I have a very hard time being "lovey" so I never tell him that
38. I have O.C.D.
39. I am obsessed with cleaning
40. I am addicted to scrapbooking
41. Although recently I realized that I actually don't like to scrapbook, I just like the end result
42. I LOVE giving presents
43. I LOVE hosting parties
44. I was voted "Most Flirtateous" in my high school superlatives
45. If I could go back to school I would become a Dental Hygienist
46. I have a very hard time accepting a gift without sending a thank you card
47. I watched a McDonald's worker steal in St. Thomas and lost sleep for 3 days
48. I have a gigantic conscience
49. I've lied about 3 times in my life and get laughed at every time (b/c I am so pathetically bad at it that my lie could be spotted from a mile away)
50. I prefer to spend a weekend laying around the house than doing something
51. The farthest I've ever run is 6 miles
52. I hate exercise, unless I am doing a sport (which is never these days)
53. I am a pretty good speller
54. But I am not very smart
55. I secretly wish that I was a computer geek ;) (Okay, not really, but it would have it's perks)
56. I never go more than 9 miles over the speed limit (and that is only where the speed limit is 65)
57. I have had 3 speeding tickets even though I don't speed
58. I don't like to drink - but I LOVE midori sours
59. I'm petrified of having a C-section
60. I'm paranoid that caffeine consumption will make me more dehydrated than I always am
61. I got all of the emotions that my other family members lack - and cry over everything
62. I am jealous of other people's possessions
63. Until I got pregnant I never stepped on a scale
64. I think everything should have to be "fair"
65. I hate it when my husband bites his fingernails
66. I hate the cold
67. But I hate the heat more (which I just found out this summer)
68. My favorite house style is a cape
69. I love to shop
70. I LOVE music - and am a lyric geek
71. My favorite restaurant is Olive Garden, fast food restaurant is Wendy's and soda is IBC root beer
72. When I'm around a cat, I start to look and sound like Wil Smith did after he ate the seafood on the movie "Hitch"
73. I was petrified of "getting in trouble" as a kid
74. I was born and raised Catholic
75. I am a terrible cook but I can bake
76. My favorite foods are: watermelon, cadbury eggs, fried mozarella sticks, mom's whoopie pies, Heidi's chocolate chip cookies, chocolate, ice cream, cookie dough, cake batter & brownie mix
77. I have big feet
78. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't wash their hands after they use the bathroom
79. I think old people shouldn't be allowed to be immature
80. Before I got pregnant I hated everyone who conceived with no effort (or accidentally)
81. I hated that I hated them
82. I don't like bugs
83. Part of the reason that I only want one child is because I know if I ever lost that child I would need to feel like I had a "way out".
84. I am pro-life (except in the case of rape, incest or that the child will have major health problems)
85. I drive a yellow Ford Escape
86. Quite often my glass is half empty, and sometimes it's even bone dry
87. It has to be pitch dark and completely quiet in order for me to sleep
88. My bedroom as a kid had no windows
89. I've never tried mayonaise, mustard, cream cheese or sour cream
90. My favorite clothes are sweats
91. I have a bad sense of direction
92. The thing I hate most about my physical appearance is my eyebrows
93. I love roller coasters
94. I change my shower curtain once a month - and totally look forward to "clean shower curtain day"
95. But not quite as much as I love "clean sheet night"
96. I love to swim
97. I am always behind at reading the newspaper so I usually end up reading about 2 weeks worth at a time
98. I have never seen "Pulp Fiction"
99. I have been to Mass, NH, NY, Penn, Fla, St. Thomas, St. John & Jamaica
100. I love babies

So that's it... 100 things about me. :)

4 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger Amber said...

100? That's it? I'm kidding. It's a great way to let your reader in to those little things that don't come up in a daily entry. I may take a stab at the 100 myself...if I may borrow the idea.

Let me know what time and I'll be sending good vibes your way on Monday!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Bek said...

that was so fun to read! i wanted children ever since i was born, too (i even had "my future life" all written up, with my 8 children's names...) I'm the same as u on the blowdryer, but not the make up (powder, mascara, lip gloss every day). thats hilarious about the few veggies - u and my hub would get a long great. i still don't know which remote goes with what on our entertainment system. blood and veins and cigarettes - yup, gross. my sister is one of my best friends too!!! IBC IS the best! but no mustard?? you are missing out! i eat it on everything!! well, its fun finding things in others that u can relate/or not relate with! fun survey, jaime!!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

Very neat list! There are some things we have in common and then some we are TOTALLY different! Thanks for the compliment too, :).

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

Renee - you are SO right. I think I actually have gotten lost in my driveway before. ;)
Ang & Bek, it was so fun to read your comparisons! :) Ang, I've still only tried a handful of veggies (sheepish look). Neither my husband or my parents read my blog so my dad won't find out about my tattoo. (Luckily) :)
If we lived closer, we could get together and you could make dinner and I could make dessert and our husbands would be a very happy duo. :)
Beeb... our u/s is at 8 am - bright and early! Wish us luck! :)
Bek, totally lol! 8 kids? Are you still going for that?? He he. One of my best friends from high school wanted four - and I think she still does. :) And that's not the first time I've heard that about mustard. ;)
Marel, you're so silly. It's really not that I don't NEED makeup, it's more that I'm too damn lazy to put it on. ;) Quite often I actually wish i would care more about what I looked like so I would actually look decent once in a while. ;) It was SO sweet of you to be concerned about offending me with your post - I honestly wasn't. I am embarassed about how I would feel towards people who conceived effortlessly - I certainly realize that it's not their fault and that deep down, it's really just that I'm jealous that I couldn't conceive, myself, that easily. If anything, I love your honestly and would never think of you as insensitive! Thank you for caring, though... you are a total sweetheart!
Leesa - no problem! It's so true! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home