Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 06, 2005

The first belly picture


4 months pregnant 2
Originally uploaded by Jaimemjfan.
I was hoping to take pictures of the belly on the exact anniversary date each month but I forgot so this is the 4 months, 3 days belly. A.K.A. "Geesh, have you been eating more ice-cream than usual?" belly)

I am very excited to announce that we have a date for our 20 week ultrasound which will hopefully determine whether the baby shall be referred to as Constantine (CC) or LouVon (LV) for the following 4-5 months. My husband thinks that the only reason they do this ultrasound is solely to determine the sex of our child so I'm pretty sure that should the baby be acting shy that day, he will be sorely disappointed. I feel so certain that it is going to be a girl. Two and 1/2 years ago, I would've been thrilled with the prospect of having a girl (and of course I will be thrilled with any healthy baby). The only reason that I am hoping for a boy is because I have decided that I would really only like to have one child. And if I am only to have one, I would like it to be a boy (and I would like him to be a doctor after he finishes up his career in the NBA). If I have a girl, that will mean that out of my parents 8 children/grandchildren, 7 of them will be girls. How's that for being outnumbered... poor Caleb!

So I'm pretty sure that I am officially banned from ever going into TJMaxx again. It is absolutely ridiculous how cute their baby stuff is. I literally can't handle myself when I go in there. I would sooner sell my liver than leave without buying atleast 3 of their adorable, (yet really reasonably priced) outfits. It is definitely my biggest weakness. Last night one of the many things I couldn't resist was this adorable Carter's fleece snowsuit. I bought it in pink so that we will atleast have one girl outfit in the closet amongst the 100 or so boy outfits. It was JUST.TOO.CUTE.

So although the situation with the family hasn't been resolved, we are all feeling a little better about the situation. We will know for sure on Thursday. Thank you for all of your kind thoughts and prayers!

6 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Laura said...

You are cracking me up! I think with my third baby I could barely see my own feet at this stage of pregnancy.
And I can so relate to TJ Maxx. Sigh..I think they have a mugshot of me in the security room along with my husband's phone number. I can't stay out of the housewares. Like I need so much as one more mixing bowl..sheesh. I bough way too much baby stuff there, too..ugh! Have fun with it though and enjoy it!
~L.

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so cute! I wish now that I had been a bit less shy about taking pics of my baby belly. Your little one will be so grateful to see them one day :-) You know, it is so fun to see life through the eyes of someone as optimistic as you. You make every day a celebration ;-)

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger VoodooItaliana said...

congratulations and good luck. my blog is all about my daughter Sofia :)

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Amber said...

no babies for me...yet. We aren't trying but we aren't NOT trying. I think the money thing scares us a little. Be proud of that belly, I know I would!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

great picture. You look fantastic. Keep taking them. When you get closer I'll send you a kit so you can do a belly cast of your very pregnant body. Apparently Pam Andersen has hers hanging on the wall in her bathroom. My friend Kelly had her baby at home and they did one while she was in labor. They flipped it over and used it as a bowl to serve the chips.

That was really weird. Even for me.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Aww... Kristen! That is really sweet. I didn't even know they had such a thing! What a great keepsake. As for Kelly - that must've been one big chip bowl! :) Nachos for 26?

Laura, my friend, Pam was just telling me last weekend about the store Tuesday Morning - you should ask around to see if there are any in your area. She said that it's JUST LIKE TJmaxx but without the clothing. You'd be in BIIIIIIIG trouble in there. ;)

Beeb, don't you think there needs to be some little beebies running around?? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home