Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 04, 2005

CONSTANTINA THE GREAT (or loyal, in this case) ;)

So I recently asked Kristen, the nickname queen, to give me something to call my unborn child. Since we all know (due to the large amount of adorable boy clothes I have bought over the last few years) that I'm having a girl, Kristen (using a highly technical method involving a laser beam) has chosen the nickname "Constantina" (or CC, for short). So, CC it is. :) After I finally settled down from laughing my a** off from reading her hilarious post (Go check her out, you'll laugh, too!), I decided that Constantina could grow on me and that it could've been much worse. (I can see it now... "Jalit? Now how do you spell that?") Plus, Constantina means loyal... and loyalty is a good thing! So thanks, Kristen, for giving us something to call the baby rather than fetus until she arrives! :)

Unfortunately I don't have any good news to share about the family just yet. Although given the situation it seems that no news is much better than bad news so that's a plus. I am hoping that very soon I will be able to share the details with you all because the outcome will have turned out okay. Until then, everyone keep their fingers crossed!

So I really think that CC has been having a growth spurt. I swear I woke up with a belly yesterday morning! I'm also more starving than usual (is that possible?). It seems so surreal to me that I am finally pregnant. All of those months where I would stand in front of the mirror and stick out my belly so that I could see what it would look like if I was pregnant. CC is going to come out bruised because her wierdo mom keeps poking her. That's probably not a good thing. I'm actually AMAZED that I haven't had any cravings. Well, I say that ... but... (this is a very embarassing to admit - and i SWEAR that it's not really a craving... it's just the only thing I can think of that I wouldn't mind eating most days...). Okay, I'm just going to say it. It's baked beans. I've had baked beans about 5 times in my life. I'm just not a bean person. But ever since Shawn's reunion when I had my in-laws bean hole baked beans, I have wanted some more. There, I said it. (And it can't be the canned kind - it has to be the homemade sweet ones with homemade bread with butter...). Picky, yes, I know.

6 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger JR said...

We found out Avery was breech around 32 weeks. We had ultrasounds almost every week after that to see if he had turned. And prior to every US I would tell the Dr that the baby hadn't turned. I knew this b/c I could feel his head (still upright) and when I rubbed his head... he would bounce back... it was our little game. It scared J though... he kept telling me not to do it... b/c he thought he'd be bruised or mentally impaired or something. So far, it hasn't seemed to have had any lingering after effects! Rub away!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

I had to eat beef practically every night. Considering I ate beef about once every two weeks before that, I figured it was a sign.

Of course you will have to give up those beans on the other side of this unless you want to be up every night, all night, with a screeching baby with gas. LOL

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Bek said...

wait, so do u really know its a girl, jaimie? did i miss something? well, anyway, i like cc, i have a friend named ceecee and she is beautiful and wonderful and a lovely singer....maybe you'll like the nickname so much after 9 months, you'll name your little one ceecee for real. :) i'm with angela on the thoughts and prayers with your famiy............

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

You all are TOO funny... Ang I don't know how I missed your comment! That could put things in a new light! I would love to find one of those countdown tickers - anyone know where i can get one?
Jen, that is so amazing that you could feel Avery's head and actually interact with him - I have so many things to look forward to!! I'm glad to have living proof that the poking and rubbing didn't do any damage. :)
Kristen, I definitely hadn't thought of the baby gas thing... he he. I think I'll probably try and get that craving out of my system now so I can avoid that. ;)
Bek, we don't know for sure that it's a girl. I just have this gut feeling about it. Our ultrasound is August 29th so hopefully we will find out then! We're feeling pretty lucky about our new nickname - it's certainly a lot better than TaShaLandra. ;)

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun with the poking and the cravings, you deserve it :-) If I could make beans worth squat, I would be on your doorstop in a heartbeat. That's one of those recipes I'll have to ask my mom to pass down sooner than later :-)

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

bad news. Derek read your comments and realized that CC might be a he-he. We pulled out the book again and got LouVon. Which will either leave us with LV or Lou.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home