Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Have you got your rewards??

So last night I got home to find that my $100 gift card from my new credit card came in! Everyone should have this card! Just for signing up, I got the $100 gift card (or technically I got two $50 gift cards). They also have a pretty good initial rate and 0% balance transfer rate for a year. I've had the card for a little over two months now and in addition to the bonus $100 card for signing on, I have already earned almost enough points to get me another $100 gift card. The points really add up fast... esp. if you do a lot of your spending at gas, groceries and drugstores (you get 5 x the rewards for these places). So do like I do - buy the things you would normally put on your debit card or pay cash for with your credit card instead and collect the rewards! Of course, this is only such a great deal if you are disciplined enough to pay off the balance each month rather than go shopping with that paycheck. ;)

While I'm here... I'll just mention that I'm officially in my 2nd Trimester today. So exciting. I'm 14 weeks along and very anxious for the belly to grow. I keep thinking that if i have physical proof, maybe i can actually keep myself convinced that I'm pregnant. Once the jumbo shrimp (this is the size they tell me my baby is at right now... much larger than a grape;) ) starts kicking, pretty sure that will enforce it as well. Until then, I'll just count the days until my next OB appt so that I can hear that there is a heartbeat in there. It's very exciting to be at this point. I am almost done reading "The Girlfriend's guide to pregnancy" and next I am going to read "What to expect when you're expecting" (I have only read up until the 8 week mark in this one, and it was an older version). Next up after that is "Your pregnancy week by week". With all the studying the husband is doing, it shouldn't be hard to log in some reading time over the next month or so.

4 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with calling your baby the 'alien'. We liked 'the creature' (not sure they pass your nickname test!). It is strange to be pregnant but not show... its even stranger when you do show and people don't mention it. I think its b/c of that Chase Credit Card commercial.. they're afraid you might not be!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

What is the card. I am looking into a rewards card.

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I agree 100% agree with the last few comments. This blog has great opinions and this is why I continue to visit, thanks! ##link#

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I agree 100% agree with the last few comments. This blog has great opinions and this is why I continue to visit, thanks! ##link#

 

Post a Comment

<< Home