Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 15, 2005

Our new addition!


Our new baby
Originally uploaded by Jaimemjfan.
We have a new addition to the family! On Sunday, this adorable black Pomeranian came to live with us. I've never in my whole life had a dog so I am excited and nervous and overwhelmed! He is 18 weeks old (just like my belly), not really house-broken and he is the sweetest thing. I was nervous that I would be "too" allergic to him but so far it's nothing I can't handle. He's such a good boy! We made the rounds with him yesterday and he met the entire family. He ran and played with the kids all day and was such a good puppy. He is definitely going to be spoiled rotten... he is just too cute! Thanks to Linda and Jess for giving us this little bundle of joy! He is the puppy former-known-as-Dylan. My husband re-named him Manny (surprise, surprise). He doesn't seem too phased by the name change... he'll basically come to any name you call him as long as you sound excited. :)

8 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

Oh he's a cutie!! I hope that all works out and no allergies!!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Oh I love him. 2 of my Aunts have Poms. One black one named Shadow, one red one named Cheddar, the other Aunt has 2 blondies named Bailey and Sugar Bear. If I ever got a dog I think a Pom would be good!
If you have a Babies R US near you, they should offer a babies and Dogs class on how to prpare you dog for the new baby! The class is great! ( I used to work at BRU).

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Amber said...

oh so cute!!! and can I ask, why manny? i'm a little slow to catch up. ;)

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...what a sweetie :-) Wow, if ever there were an argument for a small dog. We have two english springer spaniels--Jody and Koda--each about 50 lbs. We love them, but we often say a smaller breed would be more managable. I had the same thing with my pregnancy--total devotion from Jody (Koda is more James' dog). When we had our first baby, we took home a receiving blanket to the dogs that Abbey had been wrapped in for 24 hours after she was born so they could get accustomed to her scent. They were great with her. Enjoy :-)

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

Godlight girl, that is so cute that they would put their heads on your tummy.
Leesa, so far so good on the allergies! :) I'm so excited about it!
Donna, that is awesome to know about BRU classes! I didn't know they had such a thing. I am definitely going to look into it.
Yup, godlight girl is right! Manny from the Red Sox, Beeb. :) And SOOOO funny b/c I asked my husband the same thing... (if he gets traded, are you going to want to change his name??). ;) Big Papi's the man! I think we should've named him that to begin with. He he.
Great idea with the blanket, Ginger! My mom is convinced that this little 5 pound ball of joy is going to EAT our baby. ???
Angela, you should TOTALLY get one of these. He's so sweet! And Aiden would just LOOOOOOOOOOOVE him!! :)

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

What a cutie.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Humor Girl said...

Aww!! What a sweetie! :) And the same age as your baby..how fun. :)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Angela... lol... run, run fast as you can! ;) I am notorious for finding bargains and sharing them with my family & friends (which of course ends up with us all in trouble with our husbands). ;) I can turn up a full-priced item any day but I need "everything" at the right price... he he. :) You can totally blame it on me and I'm glad I'm getting your sister out of trouble this time!! :) (But do point out that those scrapbook pages will last a lifetime!) ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home