Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 12, 2005

Yay for paved driveways...


Picture_4152
Originally uploaded by Jaimemjfan.

We're so excited to have a new paved driveway. When we bought the house, we knew we would need to make 3 large-ish purchases: a riding lawn mower (we have a full acre now), a shed and a paved driveway. 2 down: 1 to go (shed). The driveway put us in the poorhouse (or should I say - is keeping us in the poorhouse - so it'll be next year before we buy the shed). I can't get over how tiny our house looks from the outside. Everyone tends to be surprised when they walk in. It's actually 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, 2 living rooms and just over 2000 sq. feet. We really love it!

So the metal taste in my mouth has gotten much better. Hasn't entirely gone away - but it's definitely better. So it must be the iron? I've been having vicious heartburn for about 3 weeks now. I can just feel the reflux churning up my esophagus every night. Yuck. My books (and friends) all say it doesn't usually show up until the 5th month but apparently I'm just extra lucky. ;) I'm starting to get worried that I haven't felt CC kick at all. Nothing. Nada. I know they say that it is 20 weeks for a lot of first-timers, but I'm ultra paranoid about everything. Counting the days to that ultrasound! Speaking of paranoid, I have always been a freak about caffeine. I read something years ago that said that in addition to the 8 glasses of water you should drink each day, that for every caffeinated beverage that you drink, you have to drink an additional glass of water to counter the caffeine. So that means if you drink 2 cans of soda you have to drink 11 glasses of water! I'm lucky if I drink 3 glasses a day (I know... very bad) so I've never wanted the caffeine to dehydrate me further. So anyway, the other night I decided on a whim that I would sneak a kiddie sized coffee coolatta (which i LOOOOOOOOOOOVE). Immediately after I drank it, I was struck with the worst feelings of guilt. I was sick to my stomach all night I felt so guilty. It was the exact same feeling I had when I cheated on Heath Davis in the 10th grade (which, in my defense, Heath and I had only been dating for like 13 minutes and the other guy was only an innocent kiss and I immediately confessed to Heath and broke up with him because I felt so guilty). So, anyway, no more Coolattas for me. I know... I'm a freak. Just so you all know, there is 158 days, 13 hours, 26 minutes and 36 seconds until my due date. ;) Love that ticker!! :)

Congrats to the hubby for passing his test! All of that studying paid off! Yay!

9 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plus Heath had really bad breath, so who could blame you?!

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't feel Avery move until almost 22 weeks. Those books that say it might be as early as 18 weeks are evil! Get the giant size tums... I lived on them!!! I'm w/ you on the caffeine... and alcohol... they say you can have limited amounts of each while nursing.... but I still can't do it either!!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Leesa said...

Cute house! Ours looks smaller on the outside than it really is too. We also have 4 bedrooms, but you would never know it.
Mmmm, coolatta sounds good!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Bek said...

your house is beautiful!
yeah, don't freak about the kicking thing - some of the first kicks are so small and fluttery, you don't even notice them. i think i had them for a few weeks before i realized "o, maybe thats a kick, and not just a weird stomach digestion feeling." :)
later they get more distinguishable... like your ribs hurt!

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had our driveway paved last summer, too...and definitely can relate to the poorhouse. Sadly, the locate public utilities ripped up the entire street this summer to replace all the water pipes. They managed to ruin a 8 x 12' piece at the top of our driveway which I would have understood if they came to us and said, "sorry, but we have to do this," but in this case they were just careless. Needless to say, there will be a huge seem at the top of our driveway...ugh! Oh well, didn't mean to get on that kick. Your house looks so beautiful with the paved driveway :-)

I'm with everyone else...TUMS was the best...I hope the heartburn gets better :-)

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Oh...all this talk about pregnancy makes me want to think I want more. But I don't, 2 is good for me, oneof each, how perfect!

Anyway, I had never had heartburn in my whole life, I went through a whole pregnancy without any also. And then whe I was pregnant with Ethan I just though I was develpoing acid reflex...until somebody told me that is what heartburn feels like. So naiive me replied " but it's not in my heart"!! Silly me, but hey I had no clue! I didn't eat Tums because I didn't know it was heartburn!

Oh well live and learn I guess.

And let me tell you Caffeeine is fine, not everyday all day long, but there was a book that gave an ok amount per day and I think it was maybe a half a can of pop. I like Angela, craved pop, insted of sweets, I just needed my pop.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

What the heck would I do without you guys! :) I'm so relieved to hear that other people didn't feel their babies kick this early, either.

Jen, so glad to hear there that you also feel that way about caffeine/ alcohol. It's so funny b/c the other day at a friend's party, her hubby (who has known forever that I am pregnant) was offering to make me a drink. I think he must've "forgot" that I was pregnant b/c at one point he even told me to call Shawn so that I could drink without driving. Ummm...??? How 'bout BIG-FAT-NO to that.

Funny about the houses! I guess you really can't tell until you go inside. We really didn't do a whole lot of house shopping so I guess I never realized how deceiving the outside can be. Yeah, we love having the big yard! Our old house had .41 acres and this seems so much bigger. We found some houses we really liked during our search but the land was less than .2 acres!

Last night I bought a bottle of regular strength Tums and Extra strength Tums. I couldn't remember if anyone had specified what you are "allowed" to take but now I'm glad I got both b/c I see that Jen said the giant size ones. I figure I can just take the regular strength when I'm having "minor" heartburn. ;) Donna, your story about heartburn is hilarious. But really... if you think about it... why DO they call it heartburn? It should be "Esophagus burn". :)

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Beautiful house! Ours looks smaller from the outside too...oh wait, it is much smaller. Hey, it's mine so who cares?

Don't stress about the caffine...I've been told that if you are craving something badly it's because your body is lacking somewhere. I'm no mom yet but if you don't tell anyone I know- I've been reading up on it. :)

Tell the man congrats! And thanks for the vibes...I'll find out in a week or so if they paid off.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

Don't worry about the caffeine, I had headaches when I was pregnant and my doctor told me to drink it.

My first baby I didn't feel kicking too much, if at all. My second used to kick so hard she'd wake up my husband.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home