Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Random thoughts of the day


Random thoughts of the day
Originally uploaded by Jaimemjfan.
1. How the heck did I ever live without this dog?
2. When the heck is this dog ever going to learn to pee outside?
3. Why do I not get hives by just looking at this dog? (Sheer will & determination, maybe?)
4. Was that thing I felt last night the baby move?
5. If you were paving someone's driveway who clearly did not smoke, would you leave cigarette butts all over the place anyway?
6. If you were paving someone's driveway and decided to go into their garage and open the new 12-pack of bottled water and take four of them, would you leave one of the empty bottles sitting on the lawn next to your cigarette butts as if to say "hey... I stole from you, and I don't even care if you know it..."
7. Why can't I seem to get a picture of this dog that actually shows how cute he really is??
8. If my niece spends enough time loving (a.k.a. squishing the intestines out of his butt every second of the day) my dog, will she leave my baby alone when it comes?
9. Can I physically restrain myself from buying both baby boy and baby girl scrapbook things from ebay for another whole 13 days until I might actually KNOW whether to buy baby boy or baby girl things? (Not that I don't already know that it's a girl)
10. Am I going to have to get up to feed my baby in the night as much as I get up to take my dog outside to pee?
11. Is my dog going to be able to hold it during the night by the time I have a baby?
12. Is it really safe to keep feeding my dog ice cubes? (His all time favorite doggie treat, by far)

9 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Humor Girl said...

hey girl....just aim me and I'll help with your ticker.

humorgirl521

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Humor Girl said...

it's really easy....just let me know where you want it.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Bek said...

how many times a nite do u have to get up to let the dog pee? (i've never had a dog) but i always said that my getting up to pee in the middle of the nite b/c of bladder overlaod while being pregnant was great practice for getting up in the middle of the nite for baby feedings....funny how that works. and how many times you have to get up to interrupt sleep depends on how long u want to sleep. if 2 and a half hours is enough sleep for you per nite, then you don't have to get up at all! :)

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Wow, what a cute puppy and your neice loves him so much.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Ice cubes will save you the cash of buying overpriced doggie treats... the puppy pee time will go down once the lil once he learns to hold it longer...

a good tip for the potty training- take him out for 'business' only (we actually repeated to our pup "do business" over and over, so he'd learn that that's what we meant)...

and when you take him out for business just bring him out for that task only. no playing, just business. be patient because sometimes it can take them awhile to catch on. ones he does his thing- give him lots of praise (we never gave our pup treats because a belly rub did just fine) and go back in the house.

that way, in the middle of the night, you aren't trying to tell him to do his thing while he's doing anything but what you want him to... it'll make life a lot easier when you can just climb back into bed. :)

sorry for my 'longwindedness'... hope that helps.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

Hey Bek, the last two nights he has gone from 11 pm to 6 am without peeing (as long as he stays asleep), but before that I was getting up with him every two hours! I'm SOOOOOOO tired! That's true about the hours of sleep you need... :) I never thought of it that way! Unfortunately, I'm one that requires about 9 hours just to function. I'm in trouble!
Ang, I really think that's part of the reason I feel so strongly that I'm having a girl... b/c we want a boy. :) It's good, though, that I have you (and Bek) with boys and Emily with girls so whatever I am having, you guys can tell me all the fun things I have to look forward to. :)
Beeb, it seems like that is a big problem (going outside he just wants to play, not pee)! I hope we can teach him to do that. Right now he will doddle and play and sniff for like 20 min and then occassionally he'll pee then... so every other time I'm worried that by taking him in too early I'll miss my window. He needs to learn to go faster. ;) It is ESPECIALLY horrible in the middle of the night - I am out there freezing and tired while he is playing with frogs and bugs. Ugh.
Emily, my chiropractor was just telling me the same thing with the bell! I'm going to do that. She says her dogs ring the bell when they have to go now! Ooohhh! I have been slacking due to puppy-demanding-time so I haven't seen Addy's newest pic... I'll go there next! Fun!
Thanks, Kate... he is really cute. :) And I don't think it's just cuz he's ours. :)

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dog, Jody, will be 10 yrs old in October. We got her at 8 wks--the middle of December--and we got lots of snow early that year. I used to take her out in the middle of the night and chase her over snowbanks :-) Thank goodness no one ever saw me--scraggly tshirt, james' coat and boots--can we say chilly? Sadly, aside from puppy-hood, she has never been disciplined enough to stay around the house off a leash...but I still love her. I love the puppy pics--how cute!

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

My doctor told me that my first baby was a girl at three differnt ultrasounds... "she" came out with a penis

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Heather - GASP - I can't help but laugh...
you poor thing! Had you removed the tags and washed the baby clothes? (I already know the answer - cringe). I can imagine it would be much worse to think you're having a girl and end up with a boy than vice versa. Atleast you can put a little girl in blue without them being totally scarred for life. ;) Yikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home