Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Well whatta ya know?!

So last weekend was supposed to be my 10-year high school reunion (I know... i know... i'm a youngin'). It was cancelled due to "lack of interest". What a pain for those flying in like Bryan. Those of us who were still interested were planning to still get together and that fell through as well. So instead my bestest "ferend" (inside joke) came up from NH to visit anyway. We went to Olive Garden for the Never Ending Pasta Bowl (AGAIN), we attempted to make smoothies (mine were non-alcoholic, of course), and just hung out and caught up. It was a great night!! I also learned some things about myself that night.
  • I do like chocolate and mint. At OG at the end of our meal, I gave Sonya my Andies Candy and told her that I didn't like chocolate and mint together. I had a pretty lengthy case against the chocolate and mint - since she tried telling me that everyone likes Andies Candies. Later, as I dished out some ice-cream - my favorite - mint chocolate chip - she said "Ummm... You like mint chocolate chip ice-cream?" "Yes, it's my favorite". "Ummm... you know you DO like chocolate and mint then???". Hrmmm.
  • I AM having cravings. When Sonya asked if I was having any cravings I told her that "no, I'm not having any!". Then I explained that I was very surprised about not having cravings, but that any time I see something, smell something, or think I taste something - I want that particular food until I eat it. I told her how I was browsing ebay for scrapbook stuff and saw some candy apple embelishments and have wanted a candy apple ever since. She pointed out to me that I basically just defined "craving" and that yes, I was having cravings. Hrmmm.

My ultrasound went well yesterday but I was bummed to not get any new pictures. I was also bummed that Shawn couldn't go with me (although my mom was nice enough to spend the night on Sunday and go with me for my crack-of-dawn appointment so I didn't have to go by myself!) This time around she was all business and going right for the kidney and ventricles of the heart so there was nothing on the screen that even somewhat resembled a baby. I did get a good view of one of her hands and I got to see her little backbone (my mother thought she looked like a dinosaur) but no sight of her face. I was a little worried when the doctor had to come in and look at the heart herself. She told me that Rylee was being stubborn again and that neither the u/s tech or her could see what they needed to in her heart. She had me lay on my belly for a bit and luckily the baby did turn. She was REALLY active yesterday!! When I went in I told her that she had been kicking like crazy for a good hour and of course I got the "yeah, yeah, what do you know - you're only 21 weeks with your first baby" look from the u/s tech. When she got her on the screen, she was surprised and said "WOW!! She IS moving a lot!". Yeah, told you so. ;)

Most people still can't tell that I'm pregnant when I am fully dressed. What's with that? Where is my big fat belly? I've never been one to look in the mirror much but I'm sure once I am huge, I won't be able to stop looking. Even with the kicking, it still doesn't seem real! People are always talking about "when the baby comes" (mostly in reference to the puppy) and every time I think it's so strange that they're talking to me. It's hard to describe but each month that went by that I didn't get pregnant, I guess I started to think I would NEVER get pregnant. (Although I wondered how if deep down I knew that I wasn't going to get pregnant, why the heck was I so upset when my period confirmed it?) I think back and it's all a blur. When did this happen?!? 24 months in the making and yet it still seems like it happened "all of a sudden". The whole thing is very surreal. How did I get so lucky?!? I'm gonna have a baby...

The big (and I do mean big) transformation lately has been my belly button - er, hole. I've always had this big, ugly belly button anyway. My husband (and old roommates) used to joke that people could just go for a swim in my belly button when they complained that it was hot. Now that giant hole has turned into an abyss. :) It's the grand canyon of belly buttons. Anyone wanna go for a swim - my above-ground-pool has turned into a lake. ;)

12 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

OK, so you are complaining about not looking pregnant yet and people were asking me if I was overdue at the 5 1/2 month mark. Find joy in knowing that this time next year you will be able to fit into all your skinny clothes.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Awww... blushing Amy :)
I went to Livermore Falls High School. That's very embarassing to admit but I'm banking on the fact that noone would would ever stumble across my blog will have heard of it. ;)

LOL Kristen! "Skinny clothes"... yikes, I haven't had those since - hrmm, well, ever? ;)
I committed the ultimate faux pas the other day - I asked a girl who wasn't pregnant when she was due. Ooops. I always think that is so funny when someone else does it. It was not so funny this time. I'm not very good about backing my way out of things (okay, i downright suck) and I spit out a stumbling "oh... i just thought that since your belly...". That's where I stopped, realizing (with the help of my sister's mortified face) that I wasn't helping anything. Ooops. Next time I'll take the advice of whatever book I read that said "unless there is a baby coming out of her, don't assume she is pregnant".

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Bek said...

your belly button made me laugh, so its sinking IN more?? mine popped OUT at 5 months. i mean OUT, like even with a shirt in there was this huge protrusion, which also made people think i was farther along (apparantly when u pop out, you're done?) anyway....also, i wrote on angela's blog....i have heard of your hen story!!! i read it as a kid too! but i don't know the name of it.... :( sorry,,,,

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Awww. that's so exciting!!!! I went through all of this with my little sister and my nephew is the best reward ever! Except when he won't let me sleep when he spends the night.

My 10 year reunion is in 2 weeks...should be interesting...

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Leesa said...

I love Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream! I have cravings all the time and I'm not pregnant...yikes!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Nadine said...

OMG, I SO recognize what you said about your belly button. Mine is HUGE!! Luckely it hasn't popped out yet.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, I don't see any picture?? I am sure it is cute, an I am sure by the end it will POP!! I kinda want to be pregnant again...and kinda never want to be pregnant again, all at the same time=)

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Belly buttons get bigger?

I'm so excited for you and thank you for allowing me to peer into the daily stuff I have yet to experiance!

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great reinactment of the weekend! I'm glad it was a learning experience for the both of us :) I had a wonderful, relaxing time this past weekend, as well. Thanks for the hospitality!!!

I'm glad your ultrasound went well. So, what's up with Riley moving so much after I leave?

That is a classic story about asking the lady when she was due!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger momma of 2 said...

Don't complain about not showing - pretty soon you'll be wishing that it was over. You'll look "preggers" soon enough and then eveyone will want to touch your belly - I don't know why - but look out for old ladies...they'll get you in the dairy dept at the grocery store!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

Amy - that is so funny that your hubby went to hs in Maine! I would not be at all embarassed to say I went to S. Portland. :)
Bek - well, it's more like just getting B-I-G-G-E-R. I was totally thinking of turkey when you said that when you pop it's done. ;) Too funny!
Linny - can't wait to hear how your reunion went! I'll have to live vicariously through you since I didn't have one of my own. ;)
Ang - you're so sweet! The bowling story is too funny. I totally get all my laughs reading blogs and comments! Everyone keeps telling me I'm going to wake up some morning and be HUGE. :)
Donna - I considered putting a picture on there and then decided it might be just too scary. ;) Maybe I'll get brave enough when I take my 24 week pics. ;)
Marel - I DO need to get a journal! I always thought I'd write EVERYTHING down once the time finally came when I was pregnant and here I am 5 1/2 months along and I haven't written anything down! At first I was so worried about "jinxing myself". :)
Ang - I'll have to go check it out! I'm so excited to know the title... I'll have to try to find it for Rylee. :) Cute!

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home