Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Cuter than Cute


Picture_4851
Originally uploaded by Jaimemjfan.
So over the long weekend we did some work on the nursery. (And by we, sadly, I mean Shawn and my dad). My dad installed a ceiling fan (way over my head - literally), Shawn sanded and put polyurethane on the inside of the bureau/ drawers of the changing table dresser (bad fumes) and Shawn put up a shelf over the dresser. I also received this ADORABLE valance from ebay. I love EVERYTHING. I can't stay out of that room. I wish I could just keep the door open (dog) so that I could just get my fix when I walk by instead of making a special trip there every oh, 30 seconds.
I also did some laundry and took inventory on what I have for onesies, socks, towels, washcloths, etc. My friend, Pam, gave me a ton of stuff so I am SOOOOOOO lucky!

4 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I'm not sure who/what is cuter...you or the room :-) Just kidding! Definitely you :-) I'm so pleased for you. Those men in your life sure know how to come through. The room is so beautiful. It will be worth all the work, too. I always felt that the baby's room put me at peace when I was feeling anxious (I know it sounds corny). My kids have the same effect on me. The minute I snuggle with them, I'm calm--no matter what may have been bothering me. It's my zen :-)

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I love the nursery it is beautiful. Love that shelf. is it from Walmart? There is also a matching narrow book shelf that has baskets...

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Bek said...

your stuff is so cute for little rylee carmela ( i love that name!!) sounds like fun, walking in and out of the room and prepping it all up!! (my son came 3 weeks early ON our moving day, so i never got to set up his room before hand!! friends did though, while i was in labor in the hospital!! )

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Awww... Ginger... you're so sweet! :)
Kate, I think that the Carter's child of mine is from Walmart. So far I haven't bought anything from there, though - it's been ebay. :)
I will definitely have to check into those baskets! I was just telling my sister I needed some place to put all of her toys and stuffed animals!
Awww Bek - it's so sad that you didn't get to do the nursery yourself BUT... HOW FUN to come home to a finished nursery! Yeah, we love the name Rylee and Carmella (I just realized I had been spelling it wrong all this time - I always thought it was Carmela - it's on my ticker that way) was Shawn's grammie who passed away about 7 years ago. I decided way back then that if I had a little girl someday, her middle name would be Carmella.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home