Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Cuter than Cute continued some more


Picture_4854
Originally uploaded by Jaimemjfan.
So this is the fan that my dad installed. I LOVE it! I think that under the suggestion of my husband (who doesn't want to take the thing apart again so I can paint it) it will stay white. It looks so great and I'm so excited that it's up and running.
So this dog (previously referred to as the ball of cuteness) is killing me. I love him so much - but it is so exhausting having a puppy for the first time. I worry about everything and worrying all the time is tiring. I HATE crating him b/c I can't stand knowing that he's sad. He's learned how to jump the gate in the bathroom so we don't know what else to do when we have to leave other than to crate him. So far in the month we've had him, we've only left him twice for a total of two hours. It seems wierd to get a babysitter for a dog. I just hate leaving him alone! He's doing great with potty training... but he's making up for it by barking incessantly, running off (a million miles an hour) every time I take him outside without a leash, and biting (HARD!) everything he sees - especially body parts. The other morning he was up at 3:30 barking like crazy. He wanted to get out and play and apparently thought it was morning. All I could think was: "If this was January, I'd have a barking dog AND a crying baby". Eeek... just the thought kept me up all night. Can I really handle this? But can I really not? We're totally in love. Sigh.

8 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Everything is so cute Jamie. It almost makes me want another. Almost is the key word!! Yeha Iam not sure how you will handle a pup and a baby. I ended up aking stuff out on my cat when Ethan came along(he cried 24/7.) My aunts both have Poms and they NEVER settle down! Crate training will probably save you. Look into getting a kong (you put food in them for them to get out..it keeps them very busy..and he will think it is a treat to go in his crate!

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Sorry my spelling and typing is horrible! I always forget to proof read!

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your frustration with Manny. You'll have 'moments' along the way, but I'm sure he'll continue to be a great companion to all of you. In our last house, we actually cut a hole in our basement wall and installed a dog door to an outdoor play area. That way, the dogs stayed in our basement all day with access to the outdoors. It worked out fairly well, we put a small, old couch in the basement for them to sleep on when they were not outside. They're spoiled :-)

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Hang in there the dog will get better I promise. I just hope it happens before january.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Amber said...

It will get better. I crate both of my dogs during the day. I hate it too but they are use to it. Let's face it- they sleep most of the day anyway.

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Nadine said...

VERY cute baby room!

I'm sure you could handle a doggie & a baby. It will be fine :)

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Bek said...

jaime, you are so funny. i've never had a dog, but everything u mentioned about the dog, sounds like a kid (up in the middle of the nite, afraid to leave him alone, worrying about little things, etc..) i guess dogs are good preps for kids!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Donna - MUST.GET.KONG. Something I've never heard of but now it's on my priority list of things to buy. :)
Ginger that is a great set-up you had! We definitely need to puppy proof our house before we let him run free!
Ang - atleast you got your exercise ;) which is more than I can say for me. he he
Bek - everyone told me that a puppy would be great prep for a baby ... but of course I didn't believe just how similar it was until I got him! I've never been crazy enough to want two babies at once, though!! ;) Hopefully this one'll grow up fast - like, before January. :) he he

 

Post a Comment

<< Home