Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I'm in trouble...


Naughty boy
Originally uploaded by Jaimemjfan.
See this guilty face? I leave him unattended for like 30 seconds and come around the corner of my desk to find "Mr. I-didn't-shred-the-basket...i've-never-seen-that-basket-in-my-life" looking all sweet and innocent. This a day after he got into his bag and found the "travel bag" of food... the food he HATES... and shredded it to pieces. The food somehow tasted better when it ill-gotten.
I've always joked that I'll have no problem disciplining my child - as long as they're ugly. (yes, I know how terribly wrong that sounds, and really i'm just kidding... really... ) Seriously... how the heck do you discipline something so cute? Instead of scolding him for dumping every toy (only like 1/2 of them are shown in this picture) out of his basket and then eating said basket, I instead grabbed the camera and laughed at him. I can see this happening A LOT with Rylee. I'm telling ya... if the girl is cute, I'm screwed. ;) (And, well, being the baby lover that I am I pretty much think every baby is cute...)

Late yesterday afternoon Rylee started kicking again! I was SOOO relieved! The hubby convinced me that I didn't need to call the doctor since I had an appt anyway so once she started kicking again I was glad I hadn't. She kicked a bunch more last night and then again this morning. At my appointment today, the doctor said everything looks good, the heartbeat is great and I am measuring right on target! It's always such a relief to hear! I can't believe in a week I will be taking my "6 month belly picture"!! It seems so unbelievable. Time is flying by... but yet seems to be standing still. I can't wait for Halloween... I always love seeing the kids dressed up (I wish I got more than 6 of them at my doorstep (I already bought Rylee's halloween costume for next year... it's the cutest big, fat chicken I've ever seen!). I can't wait for Thanksgiving b/c I will be able to eat A LOT! I can't wait for Christmas because I can never wait for Christmas... it means I get to give presents!! Then there is Shawn's big "surprise" 30th party. I have so much going on in the next 4 months - I can't believe my parents will miss it all by being in Florida. But... I am hoping having all this on the agenda will make time fly by and it will seem like tomorrow that I get to meet my little girl...

8 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can't discipline either... Avery decided he did not want to eat his squash the other night. He made the worst faces you have ever seen, the strangest sounds and spit it out (he ate it fine the night before!). We really should not laugh and encourage it... but it really was very funny! We need to work on that!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Wow 6 months already. Man does time fly!

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaime, you are just too cute. Thank God that Rylee started kicking again, you have to stop worrying soooo much. You're gonna give yourself a nervous breakdown and then who will pick up the shredded basket??? :) We love you.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Leesa said...

My youngest cat gets into things too, and he's just so cute I can't scold him!! You just have to laugh..

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Cori said...

My daughters name is Riley....and she sure is a Riley all the way. You have a lot to look forward to. Enjoy every minute of it!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Humor Girl said...

lol! That's hysterical! Our dog did that today. Her guilty face is a tight smile with her showing her teeth! lol...It's hilarious.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Humor Girl said...

pS I have you on blog-lines and it never shows me when you make a post!? That's so crazy! That's why I haven't been here in a while.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Awww. That is so sweet! I can't wait until I have kids...I watched my sister go through the whole pregnancy experience but I'm really excited at the aspect of doing it myself. Hopefully one day soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home