Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Baby Bliss...





I know... I know... I am a total posting slacker. I tell you all every intimate detail of my pregnancy and then leave you hanging when the sweet girl arrives. So finally... here are some recent pictures. ;)

Rylee is the love of my life. I don't know what I ever did without her. Oh yes... that's right... I slept. I was supposed to go back to work last Monday but luckily I was able to take an extra week. I am so NOT ready to go back on Monday but unfortunately, I have to.

Amazingly, when I checked my weight 8 days postpardum I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight. It occured to me that since I was back in my old jeans I might be back to my old weight. So not what I was expecting!! Then again, eating does not always happen these days. I haven't managed to eat lunch before 3 pm, brushing my teeth never comes before noon and showering... well... let's just say I'm wearing the same clothes I wore on Sunday. Hrmm.

We had Rylee's newborn photos taken last week by the same fabulous photographers who did my maternity photos. I cannot wait to see the proofs and I will let you all know when they are up and ready to view. Of course if you're impatient like myself you can always go to their site and check in periodically to see if they are there. Same password: Manny. Speaking of Mr. Manny... he is doing great adjusting to life with his baby sister. He is very jealous when daddy holds her and wants nothing more than to kiss her 24/7 but other than that, he is really great. We are VERY relieved.

Rylee had her first sleepover already! She went to stay with her auntie last Saturday night. I wasn't quite ready to part with her but Shawn insisted in the name of sleep and sanity. Luckily she didn't pick her up until around 8 pm and I went to get her at noon the next day so it wasn't a terribly long time to be apart. I missed her every squeak, smile and cry.

Okay, I must apologize for not keeping up on anyone's site - or my own. I will get better very soon... promise!! Until then, hope you're all doing well!! :)

18 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Fiddler said...

She's beautiful, and so are you! Nice for the blog update... I've still never met you, but I love keeping up :)

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

She is so sweet Jaime! Enjoy her as much as you can the blogging world will be here when you come back and have some free time!

I miss hearing from you! And I still have sweet Rylee's gift to get to you!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Leesa said...

How very cool..she's adorable :)

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's so sweet Jaime!!! I expect a picture!!! Can't wait to talk to you! She looks a lot like Shawn in that top picture! Take care of yourself....you need sleep and food!!

Love you,
Renee

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is it possible that my mom hasn't met you? Rylee is gorgeous and you look great! I cried the ENTIRE month before I went back to work... it was hard, but not as bad as I had expected. I still miss Avery every minute that I am away from him. Know that working or not working does make you a good or bad parent - just make every minute that you are with Rylee be the best that it can be... and sometimes you just have to let other things like showers and housework wait.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Glad to have you back! I am glad things seem to be going great. Riley is adorable!!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Hey Jamie! I hopped on over from Donna's blog. Rylee is just precious and you are one hot mama! You both look so happy!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

She is so sweet! You have a great sister to let you get some sleep!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Bek said...

oh, jaime, she is just adorable. i'm glad you got to get a night of sleep in there. anytime your husband insists or someone offers to watch her overnite, take'm up on it. :) and nice going with getting back to the pre-preg weight. i think i was still 7 pounds over when i got pregnant this time around. :) anyway, girl, so glad to hear from you. and puhleez do not worry about blogging. i mean you have a little girl to love!!!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Bek said...

o yeah, and i totally remember the late afternoon showers, teeth brushes, and breakfasts....if i ever got to them! don't worry - a couple months and you'll start feeling more normal...:) plus a baby.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

She failed to mention that not only is she 3 1/2 weeks into being a mom, that she made brownies for me and the gang at "Club-E" as well as buying me one of my FAVORITE cookies! What a SWEETIE! :-) I can't WAIT to see that little bundle of love...maybe Friday if it all works out! :-D

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

She's too cute. Do not apologize about not blogging as much, it's just normal for it to happen. Just try to get some sleep when you can. And if you haven't taken her to a chiropractor, (naturalpathic) then you should. She will sleep better and you also.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Drea said...

Shes a cutie.

And go girl for getting back to your prepreg weight so quickly. I was back down to my weight about a month or so after having Caleb but my jeans wouldnt fit me. Why.... because my hips grew! haha

But months later my hips went back to normal... and actually shrunk a bit.. so I am smaller now than I was before I had Caleb...
Phew motherhood sometimes does have its perks ;-)
I weigh less now as well.

Oh I hate you have to go back to work so soon..
Do you have to work?
Im not trying to butt into peoples business I dont know. But seriously... consider how badly you do need to work. Do you really need that DSL... or do you really need 2 cell phones... or a brand new truck? Got to consider material things sometimes... and question why you work so hard to have them. They arent going to last.
Its much better to invest in something that will last an eternity.

Think about it.
We have maybe 20 dollars after we pay all our bills each month....
Thats it.
We live pay check to pay check...
I could work... but theres no way I'd give up the days I have w/ my son.. its so worth being poor :-)

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaime,
Again, Congratulations! Having a baby is the most beautiful experience. I have two little girls, my youngest just turned 4 months, and they are the light of my life. Enjoy every moment, memorize her smell, take lots of pictures and lots of videos.. I'm sure glad I did, cause I can't believe my baby is already 4 months old. Rylee is so beautiful....
Michelle (Shawn's cousin)

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Ah! So beautiful! I'm so happy for you!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Laura said...

She is so beautiful!!! She looks so alert for being so new. Sweet, sweet baby girl.
And pre-pregnancy weight? What the heck is that??? That term sounds vaguely familiar...Ha!
Our neighbors had their baby girl yesterday..and named her Rylee, too!
Glad to see you back and smiling, kiddo.
~L.

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Drea said...

Anony,
I didnt post that to butt into anyones business. And I am sorry she took it the wrong way.
I posted it just to show my view on the subject. But I understand some people have to work.

It wasnt meant to offend.
So I apologize if it did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home