Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 29, 2005

"FULL TERM" sounds so exciting right now...



Okay, so maybe I'm not the most patient person in the world. Reading that 37 weeks was officially considered full-term brought a whole new excitement to the stage I am in. Afterall, everything after yesterday is gravy. She could show up NOW and she'd be FULL TERM. Wow. Of course, NOW might not be ideal since my Maternity photo shoot is Saturday and I think they like it if you're pregnant for those. And then there's the husband's big 30th birthday bash that I've been planning since I was 17. Guess her early arrival wouldn't exactly be idea for that, either. But regardless, we could not possibly be more prepared to bring our little girl home than we are right now.

Speaking of Shawn's 30th birthday... I have spent the last year preparing a "30 years of Shawn" scrapbook. I spent the 5 years before this one being excited about doing it. Unfortunately the second that last page protector was on I was bursting at the seams and could no longer wait to give it to him. I gave it to him almost 2 weeks ago - I couldn't even hold off until Christmas. He liked it as much as a boy can like a scrapbook (afterall, it was all about him). ;) I'll post some pictures from it shortly.

I am so excited about this year's plans for New Years. Us and Jamie & Jenn are going out to the restaurant with my new favorite dessert (okay, well technically I guess we're going for dinner but I'M going for dessert) and then we are heading in for a quiet movie night. I am so ecstatic that I don't have to travel. I am MISERABLE in the car right now. I had just over an hour ride on Christmas eve and then again on Christmas day and I thought it would kill me. Between being big and uncomfortable, having to pee every 6 minutes and feeling totally claustrophobic in a car (this is a pregnancy thing) - I am not one happy camper in the car. I'm also very excited that we don't need to figure out what to do with the pup. Everyone thinks that it's such a pain in the butt that we always have to think of the dog before we make plans but IT IS TOTALLY WORTH IT. I absolutely love him to pieces.

I'm so excited that I got a photo printer for Christmas. My sister and brother in law got it for me along with a package of 160 refills!!! They TOTALLY spoil me rotten. (Not to mention they completely spoiled Rylee by buying her a TON of adorable gifts!!) I have to be patient long enough to get an adapter to use it with my Easyshare camera. Now that I have this little gem - i already can't live without it. I've already thought of all of the fun things (and conveniences) with having this at home. I will be able to take pictures of our friends and family as they visit Rylee for the first time and send them home with pictures that day. Sometimes technology is AMAZING. I cannot wait to use it! :)

I'll make sure that if I go into labor early, I have someone post all the details. My maternity leave is short anyway (3-4 weeks) so I'll be back before you know it. I'll also make sure a link gets posted for my professional maternity photos once they are ready. :) Hope you all have a great New Year!!

16 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

Don't expect her right now. She will come late to spite you. And yeah, you want this part to be over but don't rush it. Remember that after she is born you have no time whatsoever. So enjoy those last few days w/o trying to get her to come out.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Bek said...

you are so cute and excited! :) did your parents put that sign up on the church? that is great! :) by the way, whats the new fave dessert? i don't even know what it is and i feel like having it. (pregancy brings out the best in you) :)

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

I CAN'T WAIT for the call to "come to Lewiston" & meet Miss Rylee for the first time. I should be prepared and get directions. I have no idea how to get to Lewiston. That's sad!!!!!!!! :-)

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Well I hope Rylee doesn't keep you waiting. Both of mine were 4 days late..those are the most horrible days ever. You sit there thinking...hmmm I shouls be holding my baby right now! Can't wait to see pic's and hear the good news.

Sounds like you have some things to keep you busy, so the last few days will go by fast!!

Happy New Years!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Nadine said...

Ooooh I'm just as excited as you are! :) Happy 2006!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I"m so excited and I can't wait to see your photos. I'm sure they'll be amazing!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cute sign lol I was always so excited and ready by this time in each pregnancy lol I was tired of peeing every five minutes too ugh that was the worst

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger MsAmber said...

Sooo. Saturday night good for you?
Let's try the 12:01 a.m. First Baby of the New Year thing. You know I want to be a star. Famous for something during my first minute out.
Get ready Mom. I'm on my way!

Riley
(MsAmber)

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Humor Girl said...

Hurry Baby!!!!!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Only a few more weeks and sweet baby rylee will be here.

Cant wait to see your great maternity photos and your new baby photos!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Jaime--this is very exciting! I can't wait for the baby to come! Email me at cookiesdelight210 at yahoo dot com with your address because I have something to send the "Blessed Girl Who Will Change Your Life Forever And Make You Say 'Manny Who?'"

Good luck surviving the next two and a half weeks. I recommend lots and lots of Ben and Jerry's.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Tidy Bowl said...

How's she coming along?

Oh, I'm so excited! I can't wait to see pictures of cutie baby Rylee!

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Wifey and I had a nice dinner with some of her higher-ups at a nice restaurant and the waiter said that he had a group of ladies in that ALWAYS started with dessert. They figured that if they were going to be too full to finish, they might as well take the meal leftovers home and eat to their heart's content on dessert. It reminds me of a coworker who is quite the picky eater (no dressing on his salad, nothing on a burger, etc.) he's been starting his dinners with creme brulee.

Give it a try!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

D. mom - True. I've actually decided that I DON'T want her to come early - the less days I have to trudge into work in the snow and ice with a baby, the better. She's safer where she is.
Bek - Nah... I just made that sign online. :) If you click on it, you could make one, too. I'm going to post a pic of the dessert... oh so good! It's called "Chocolate stampede"!
Tonya - Ohhh!! Don't let me forget to give you directions before the big day - otherwise I'll probably get you lost. :)
Ang - You'll get to see my maternity photos AND the cake today! And very excited to share your excitement with you later on.
Amy - that's true. Although she didn't really keep you waiting - I think you were in labor your whole last 3 weeks. ;)
Donna - I hope you're right about the days going by fast - I am so excited to see her and hold her!
Sweety - cheers to us - we'll be moms any day now!
Linny - you have to let me know which you like best so I can decide! :)
Dakota - Oh my! You only had to go every 5?? I think I pee every 3. ;)
Ms. Amber (Rylee) - that was too cute. Unfortunately she was late. The hubby told me I cost us about $2K in taxes. ;)
Amy - What else are you going to do once the renovations are finished?! :) Let me have a chat with your hubby - i'll talk him into it. :)
Humor Girl - exactly!
Flutter - Can't wait to post the link to my pictures so I can see what everyone thinks!
Kristen - you are too funny. I emailed you with my address so let me know if you didn't get it. I just stocked up on ice cream yesterday - I'm ALL ABOUT chocolate right now. :)
Emily - that's so true! As much as I appreciate this "down time", I am just dying to see her face, count her toes and hear her little squeaks!
Tidy - Oh trust me... I'll have 'em up right away! :)
Mrs.Mogul - welcome! Congrats and I can't wait to check you out and hear about your last days!
Jim - I would do that except my stomach is a bottom-less pit. I think I may actually have a tape worm (pregnant or not). :) I can ALWAYS eat both. :)

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Wow. That is so neat! I love that church sign!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Drea said...

Love the church sign :-) I bet your so excited!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home