Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 24, 2005

All is well in the womb...



Thank you everyone (Tonya, Kate, Heidi, moms, Darcy, Jason, Jamie & Jenn) who called, emailed, or begged us to call as soon as we got out of our ultrasound. It really is so wonderful to have so many people who genuinely care about the well-being of our baby. :)

We got to the ultrasound and both of us were really nervous. It hadn't even occured to us to bring a videotape this time but luckily we were able to buy one there. The u/s tech prepped us for possible scenarios as she prepared to goop up my belly. She told us how sometimes the placenta just can't keep up enough to deliver nutrients to the baby and therefore the baby is malnourished and needs to come out early. Very early on she asked if we knew the sex. We told her that the two ultrasounds we had around 20 weeks had shown that it was probably a girl. She confirmed that in about 20 seconds which made us VERY happy. She told us that the placenta, amniotic fluid, heartbeat all looked fine and then did the calculations to determine her exact size. As of yesterday, our little peanut weighed 5 pounds, 13 ounces. She said that Rylee is still very low (she is going to have ONE HUGE CONE HEAD) and that she is just running a little on the small side. She is in the 29% percentile for growth - normal is 50%. She said there was no cause for concern unless she was in the 10th. GOOD NEWS FOR US!! She told us to expect Rylee to grow another 1/2 pound a week until she is born - which means we will be looking at a 7 1/2 pound baby at the least! We got to see one of her tiny hands all curled up - so cute. She had her hand to her mouth which she kept moving. To see her make pouting and "smiling" faces made me cry. It was so surreal to see her at this point. Overall it looks like it will be several more weeks before this chicklet makes her appearance. I haven't had a single contraction, my cervix is closed up tight and it appears she isn't quite "done". We just can't wait...
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!

13 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Oh thank you for updating us that is great news. Not too much longer till Rylee meets her mama and daddy!

Have a great Christmas!

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad all is well. Wait until your first Braxton Hicks... your stomach will tighten up and be rock hard.. its so strange!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Leesa said...

That is very cool :)
Merry Christmas!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Aw, that is the best news. Aren't ultrasounds the coolest??? I had pics of my little guy sucking on his hand, too. It's even better when you see that sweet face looking up at you for the first time. Very soon, girl. Very soon. You need a guest blogger for when you have the baby..heaven forbid we should go without knowing the details!!!
~L.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Autumn said...

great news! you look fabulous!!!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Nadine said...

I'm glad everything is fine with the baby!! :) I've already been having Braxton Hicks. Way too early & very annoying. Good luck these last few weeks (days? :)

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

No problem, flutter! Thank you for caring... you are too sweet!
Ang - I hope you're right about Shawn's party ... I'll keep everyone posted. :)
Jen - I can't wait for Braxton Hicks... will I definitely know that that's what they are, though? It just seems like 'then' is when it will be exciting.
Amy - Hopefully I don't get any more uncomfortable or I think I might burst!
Leesa - Merry Christmas to you, too!
Laura - good idea! I'll definitely have someone (Amy probably since she set me up and knows my password already) update everyone when the big day comes!
Kathy - you, too!
Autumn - Awww, thanks *blushing*.
Sweety - Already - reallY?!? Tell me all about them! :)

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well and that nothing is wrong. That's always the best kind of news.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I'm so glad that she's doing well. Now we can breathe a sigh of relief.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Drea said...

Let us know when it happens! :-D

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Bek said...

so excited all is well for little Rylee and that she is coming along fine. believe me, you will know when she is done (whether you get braxton hicks warnings or not - i didn't). and i hope you DO have a guest blogger, so we can all know when the little girl arrives! come in your own good timing, little one.

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Jim said...

You're in the home 'stretch'! Now for the important stuff: which breathing pattern have you selected? He-he who-who? Choo-choo-choo?

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Jim - OH NO!! I HAVE TO BREATHE?!? I thought maybe I could get by breathing normal... no? I'm definitely screwed - the nurses will coach me through all that, right??
Thanks, Linny, Drywall and Drea! I'll definitely keep you posted. :)
Bek - I'm so encouraged that you also didn't have contractions - and esp. knowing that you were 3 weeks early with Iz. There's hope for any any-day arrival, afterall! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home