Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Gifts, gifts and more gifts


Yesterday Kate reminded me that I have yet to post pictures from my shower! So here they are... a few snapshots from some of my favorite things. There were tons of other things I loved as well but I thought I'd just show you mostly clothes. :)
Last night I had this horrible nightmare. Now keep in mind that I had originally wanted a boy so it's not as if I'm anti-any-specific-gender. It's just that her room is so girly and cute, I have a BAZILLION adorable girly girl outfits (with no receipts, mind you) and I now have about 30 scrapbook's worth of baby girl stuff. Not to mention the fact that I already know her as my little girl. That being said...
I was somewhere (I think my old neighbor's house, maybe?) and Shawn showed up saying that "the baby was ready so he picked it up on his way there". (This was normal in my dream - apparently that's how babies came to be - you just picked them up once they "were ready"). So anyway, he says to me "I think it might be a boy, though". So I panic and ask why and he says "well they put a blue blanket on it". So... I ran outside and was devastated to discover that under that boy blanket were also boy parts. I was so upset by this that I was sobbing and didn't even want to hold the baby. I was overwhelmed by the thought that I would have to return all of her (his) clothes, change her (his) nursery and change her (his) name.
I don't suppose if I told them about my dream Wednesday at my 28 week appointment they would give me a quick ultrasound? Seriously, Rylee, please don't come out with boy parts...I'm begging you!

12 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaime...you may be out of my sight (as it's been forever and many special occasions since I've seen you), but you are never out of my mind. You are all in my thoughts :-) Someday, I'll make up for being such a blog slacker! You look glowingly fantastic--I hope you're feeling as good as you look!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow awesome gifts. I loved getting baby stuff when I was pregnant

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

lol. Don't worry...I'm sure you're probably safe..but if not, Rylee could also sub for a boy's name perhaps.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

LOL I am sure she wont.

Wow lots and lots of clothes!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Bek said...

wouldn't that be nice, if we could just pick them up when they are ready??? :) i hope she comes with girl parts too b/c she's got so much cute girl stuff!!! i esp. like the khaki hat, vest, pants outfit!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Humor Girl said...

they're all so cute! I love the robe and the track suit the most!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Girls are fun. My daughter always had way too many clothes..and still does.

EBAY!! Girls clothes sell really good on ebay. That is how I am always able to replenish her wardrobe!!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

Nice outfits! How did your shopping trip go yesterday????
Tonya :-)

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Nadine said...

Hehheh! VERY cute gifts!!

Unless the gender was determined by a blind person, you're probably safe ;))

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

Those clothes are adorable!! How sweet:)

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

I'm sure that baby boy would look cute in pink too.

OK, that was just wrong to say.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP mature wife in kitchen leasure fitness kitchen cabinet hardware discounts Install 20 amp circuit breaker A picture of pamela anderson Patterns to make a diaper bag backpack 1968 buick skylark accessories Famous outdoor kitchen photos Can't see hard drives in linux

 

Post a Comment

<< Home