Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 29, 2005

INTRODUCING... the big, fat belly!


6 months pregnant
Originally uploaded by Jaimemjfan.
Yay! Yesterday my belly turned 6 months old. I'm 60% of the way there! I've had 3 people (who knew I was pregnant) comment on how my belly is now noticable (a.k.a. big, fat). It's great! :) On Tuesday it occured to me that the husband probably hadn't seen my belly in a week or so so I lifted up my shirt. His exact words: "What's up, pork chop?". Now that's just not nice. His penalty: I'm making him eat mexican tonight (the latest craving - and his least favorite food).
So my belly button is the ugliest thing in the entire world. And the long black hairs surrounding it aren't the prettiest, either. Where did you come from? Maybe I'll get brave one of these days and take a picture. Or not.
My heartburn is very odd. Some days there is none at all and some days I feel like I've digested acid and it's corroding it's way back up my esophagus.
Also... I knew that women tended to lose, um, bladder control once they've had children. So what is going on with me?? It doesn't help that I'm allergic to EVERYTHING so I sneeze approximately every 30 seconds. The other day as I was changing my underwear for the second time in, oh, an hour, Shawn came in and exclaimed "YOU PEED YOUR PANTS AGAIN!?!". IT'S NOT PEEING... IT'S JUST, UM, MINOR LEAKAGE? It's rare when I'm embarassed around the man I've spent the last 10 years with but this was one of those moments.
Oh, the joys or pregnancy. I need to scrapbook them all! :)

12 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Donna said...

You are sooo cute. Don't worry your belly will pop soon.(Not that you are worried). That belly is not pork chop that is chicken nugget=) You look good. I should show you my 6 month shot, now that was whole cow=) Check out my pics of Merci as a flower girl! With the holidays coming your pregnancy will fly by!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I think you look great. Wow not big at all.

Wow not to much longer to go. Soon Rylee will be here and prenancy will be a thing of the past.

Have a great day.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Bek said...

i agree - what a little chicken nugget - so cute!!!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger wopanese said...

pregnant women are beautiful, just like you

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

if you think the peeing issue is bad now, wait until AFTER you have the baby and you laugh.

It's ugly. Start working on your Kegel exercises now. It's the only thing that will save you.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Awwww. You poor thing...he just doesn't understand.

You're exactly as far along as a friend of mine and her stomach is so cute. I love it. Her husband calls her Prego.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Humor Girl said...

so cute!!!

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pregnant bellies!

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Nadine said...

Aww, you're beautiful! You're belly too :)

I've been having heartburn too. I never had it before in my life. And the hairs? Yeah, where do they come from? And more important: will they go away?

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Bek said...

yes! the hairs go away and belly button turns back to normal! i was afraid of the same thing 'til my aunt reassured me, and she was right!

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how bellies are only cute on babies and pregnant women ~ wait 'til you're 40 something and it's permanent. And as for the peeing, that becomes permanent as well....hee hee!!

Don't be embarrassed about peeing, you'll have plenty of time to be embarrassed when you're in labor....all kinds of things will start coming out then.

You look absolutely adorable! Rylee will be a little peanut.

Thanks for the moon....I needed a good laugh!

See ya, Kathy

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger FU said...

hehe..thanks for the compliment on linny's blog - name ur kid fuad :)

it means "HEART"

i don't have much else to say coz i dont really identify with pregnant women.. tho i do feel gassy after mexican food too - but i will be back to visit your blog and see all ur stories :)

have a good daY!

fu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home