Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 03, 2005

Altered wedding vows

So my husband is very anti-gift giving. Had we written our own vows, he would've insisted that mine go something like this:
...I Jaime, take you, Shawn to be my husband. I will promise to love, comfort and honor you, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, through giftless birthdays, Christmas and Valentine's days, for better and for worse, in sadness and in joy, as long as we both shall live...
But THIS birthday - this birthday is different. Yesterday I was baking apple pies and he comes in the kitchen and says "so you want your stupid birthday gift, or what?". I was totally caught off guard because A. my birthday isn't until the 12th and B. he never wants to do gifts and C. if his gift was stupid why would he be so anxious to give it to me? After pointing out A, B and C to him he takes me in the bedroom and pulls a small stack of papers out of his bag. IT WAS BARENAKED LADIES (my favoritest band in the whole wide world!) TICKETS! I was ECSTATIC!

On another note, there has been so much hype about the new movie, Flight Plan. Apparently all of the flight attendants have their panties in a ruffle and are trying to ban the movie. Honestly... the whole thing is ridiculous. It's a movie! Were the cops trying to sue the movie "Snake eyes" because it meant that all cops were crooked? Were teachers trying to sue the movie "School of Rock" because it meant that all teachers were goofball rock-star-wannabes? Were the cable companies trying to sue the movie "Cable guy" because it meant that all cable guys were fruitloop stalkers? Someone needs to point this out to these people!

So according to BabyCenter, my baby is now just over a pound and almost a foot long (or probably 3 feet long knowing her parents). But even at this tiny size, she has already developed a personality. How is that possible? Yesterday she was active all day. Every time she would be moving "a lot" for more than 5 minutes, I would have Shawn feel my belly. Apparently she was just itching to get out there and join the Patriots. Every single time that Shawn would get down by my belly and talk to her and say her name, she would stop kicking! Then a minute or two would pass after he stopped talking to her and she would start right in again. The first couple of times that it happened, I thought it was entirely a coincidence. But by the 3rd of 4th time, it was obvious that she was getting completely still to hear her daddy talk to her. It was just the cutest thing. Already Rylee is learning to completely wrap her father around her tiny little finger.

9 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, soooooo cute!! I just died of cuteness right at my desk!! Shawn is going to be a slave to Rylee and she is just going to adore him!!!!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

That is great new about your birthday. So exciting so when is the concert?

Wow daddy and Rylee are going to have such a great relationship!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

How sweet of hime to surprise you like that! My ex was the same way...one year for my birthday he told me my present was in the kitchen. Sitting on the counter was a jar of pickled pigs feet and a HUGE can of baked beans. I looked at him funny and he smiled as he pulled tickets for Phantom of the Opera off the top of the fridge.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

sweet girl!

What a great present. Especially from the reluctant gift-giver!

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Bek said...

i love babies responding to daddy's voice! sooooo amazing.
by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Have fun at the concert. Babies are amazing, even in the womb!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Amy - you're right, they could've!!
Kate - It's Dec. 1st in Portland.
Linny - you didn't EAT the pickled pigs feet, did you?? BLACH!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Humor Girl said...

Yay!! Good hubbie!!! : )

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking out blogs, and thought I would stop and read yours since we have some of the same interests and ideas. Some ideas are a little much and some are right on. I am glad I stopped by just to say hi I hope you don't mind. Some people consider it spam I DON'T but if they don't want people to post why do they leave it open for the world to see. I have some great wedding information and articles available for free around 2000 savings ideas so stop on in if you want... Thank you.martha stewart wedding planning book

martha stewart wedding planning book

 

Post a Comment

<< Home