Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 28, 2005

Welcome, third trimester!


7 month belly
Originally uploaded by Jaimemjfan.

The husband is now home and the belly has certainly grown over the 10 days that he's been gone. If I acutally wore clothes that fit rather than "snowsuits" (as my husband calls my outfits), I would actually look pregnant. I'm definitely starting to feel pregnant.
I had my 28 week appointment on Wednesday. The good news is I found out what the excruciating pain (formerly referred to as a bruise caused by the seam under my ginormous chest) is. It is a "Firing Nerve". Apparently, the dislocating rib (I've also been having chest pain on my right side - which is a treat compared to the other pain) is causing a nerve to "fire off" shooting pains. (Which is exacerbated by the weight of my ginormous chest). The bad news: there is nothing I can do (short of deivering this baby) to fix either problem. Damn! 3+ more months of this HORRIBLE pain that is causing me to not be able to wear a bra! Great...

Some of you might be wondering if I'm harboring any resentment towards Shawn that he is virtually pain free while I feel like I've taken a bullet to the chest?... nope. Any jealousy that he has lost 5 pounds over the last 7 months while I've packed on 13?...nada. Any bitterness over the fact that he sleeps like a baby while I haven't slept more than 15 minutes in a row in over a month?...none whatsooooever. (If you are sensing some sarcasm in my words, you should be, cuz I'm layin' it on pretty thick!)

7 month belly
Originally uploaded by Jaimemjfan.


Last night I made whoopie pies to surprise Shawn (who doesn't really like sweets but LOVES these) when he got home. It is so typical Jaime to say to him (on his way home) "I have to go to Darcy's tomorrow night to drop off whoopie pies". I was SOOOO mad at myself. Clearly I am incapable of keeping surprises/ secrets. The whoopie pies took 3.5 hrs and came out very yummy. I HATE making them because they are so much work - but they are always worth it in the end. It is my mother-in-law's recipe and they are TO-DIE-FOR.

MANNY HAS FLEAS! :( I was so devastated and embarassed. This pet thing is all so new to me. Off I went to Petco to spend $65 to get rid of them. I hope they're gone. Ugh. The poor guy has an appointment to get fixed in 2 weeks! I already have anxiety about him staying overnight at the vet. The pup is used to sleeping on a nice warm down comforter in bed with us. That night he's going to wake up scared and alone - not to mention hurting - in a cage. :( Shawn is DEFINITELY going to be the one to drop him off at the vet. I can barely look at that sad crying face when I get out of the car at the store - FORGET leaving him with the butcher for the night. No thank-you. All set with that.

16 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Oh my goodness you look great.

I had to take our puppy to the vet for the fixing my husband couldnt take him. He was ok but it was sad leaving him so I recommend dont go you couldnt handle it!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Laura said...

~Packed On~ 13 whole pounds??? Good Lord, girl!! I gained SEVENTY with my second child, lost forty of it and found out I was pregnant AGAIN and not only gained back the forty that I lost, but added an additional THIRTY on top of that. I'm still twenty up, but come hell or high water, I will someday wear my pre pregnancy jeans again. You look fabulous!!!!!!

~L.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Bek said...

you do look amazing! i think u might be the most all-baby pregnant woman i've ever seen! anyway, as for the pain, you shouldn't have to put up with that for 3 months! that is terrible! if i lived close, i'd ask if i could pray with you, b/c i've seen God take away so many pains in my life, i know He can heal - (did i ever tell u i've been healed of chronic migraines that i sufferred from for years??) anyway, since i don't live close, i will just pray for you from OH. and let me know if u r interested in any more info on prayer for yourself. i pray the next 3 months of your pregnancy are fabulous!

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God!!! You are really looking pregnant. I LOVE IT... I hope to see you soon so I can feel her kick... Poor Manny...XXXOOO

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

I wish that I looked that cute when I was pregnant!!!!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

I agree with everyone! You look fabulous!!!!!!! And by the way, I'm thinking you need to share the whoopie pie recipe with me....send it to my regualr email address:-) Did I tell you that I'm also manipulative?????? :-))))) He, he, he!
See you soon

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

Your pics are very cute:) Puppy will be okay, probably even happier to come home after spending the night.
When I was in TX (we don't have fleas here in MT) we used Sentinel. Worked really well. :)

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He, he my little pregnant friend. You are soo cute!!! I just want to rub the belly. I'm sorry you're in pain right now :(

Manny will be fine, it does stink having them away from home during the ordeal but they'll be set-up to take care of him.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I think you are lying...could you really be in your third trimester looking like that?? Wow I think we should all send you pictures of ourselves that far along to make you feel better. I gained 60 pounds with my first and a little over 30 with my second. You are doing good! Great job!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Fiddler said...

Yep, gotta agree, you look great... Keep up whatever you've been doing... My personal home remedy when my body's giving me a hard time? Walk and drink plenty of water :)

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

You look so adorable...! You're one of those women I envy. You're still going to be thin even while you're pregnant and just have the belly. Me...I'm going to blow up like a balloon all over. :0(

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You look great, wish I looked that great when I was that far along lol.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Crazy Me said...

You look amazing. Sorry about the pains though ... geez, how do mommies to be deal with all that?!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Fleas? Ah, that's part of the process. Wait until baby girl comes home with Lice. I hear that one is REALLY embarrassing. You can always blame the fleas on your husband. Isn't he supposed to really take care of the dog.

Good luck sleeping.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Bek said...

read "the wisdom of children" 's blog (link from mine) if u wanna know about lice. :)

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I tagged ya if ya wanna play!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home