Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Dear God,


Bumpa & Shawn
Originally uploaded by Jaimemjfan.
You and I did not seem to agree that this was his time to go. But since you have more say than I, I just ask that you take good care of him while he's there. Life here on earth isn't the same without him so if it's not too much to ask, please make sure you send him back if you get bored with him. Sincerely, Jaime on earth

So I'm slowly easing out from under my black cloud. As if losing Bumpa wasn't bad enough - just throw in 12 days of the black plague and you've got my life. To say I've got a cold is like saying the hurricane was rain. My OB prescribed me some narcotics a week ago today and they haven't dented my misery. Symptoms? You name it - I've got it. So basically Jaime's house of hormones has been full of nothing good lately. To top it off, tomorrow is Manny's (overnight) butchering - and I am stuck taking him. Oh yes, it's basketball season - which means that I'm once again a widow to a man spending his evenings on a basketball court and his nights having slumber parties. It's just so much more convenient to the basketball schedule to stay overnight. *everynight*

On the baby front, the nursery is done - the clothes are washed - the bottles are sterilized (etc, etc) and we are ready for Rylee! She could come home tomorrow and we'd be completely prepared (Providing she is, in fact, a she). It was hours and hours of work to get everything ready. And I had a good head start since her nursery's been done since I was 14. Now all we have to do is wait. 62 days, 10 hours, 27 minutes and 32 seconds to be exact.

8 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Glad you are back. Hope things brighten up for you. Rylee will behere before you know it. (FYI I have a cousin named Rylie he is a boy..I love the name either way) Enjoy the holidays!! Thanksgiving will be so yummy..you have an excuse to PIG OUT!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

sorry to hear about your Bumpa.

As for the widow-ness--tell the bastard to enjoy it now because the mercy will not be extended next year. You think that it might, but I promise you that it won't.

As for the cold, I once spent an 1 1/2 in the hot shower because I was determined to be able to breathe. Derek was freaking out because it was a "hot" shower and not a warm shower. Heaven forbid anything happen to the baby-2-be!! Good luck with it.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I am so sorry about your Bumpa it is so sad to lose such a wonderful man.

Hope you are feeling better and I am sure Rylee is a she stop worrying!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Bek said...

Jaime, glad to have you back. we missed you. and I, too, am so sorry about your bumpa. i like the picture, he looks like he was a such a happy man. and i'm sorry you've been so sick! it seems like you've been hit with a lot. what is manny's butchering (nuetered?). and the husband stays overnite?? where?? i agree with kristin. your hub better enjoy it this year, b/c next year wtih a little one, you'll need him around more. trust me - it natually hits them once they realize how much work a baby is. and its great your nursery is done!! thats one thing not to worry about! your lightyears ahead of where i was! when i went into labor, absolutely nothing was even in the room yet, seeing as we hadn't quite moved yet. :) perk up, girl, rylee will be here soon. :) love from ohio...

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry for your loss. Sorry you are sick, I have been sick for almost two weeks now. What happened to colds that lasted a week or less, why do they continue to hang on. Anyway hope you feel better soon.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Angela & Donna - thanks! :)
Kristen - Lol. I was thinking THE EXACT SAME THING myself. That will definitely not fly next year.
Kate - I hope you're right! :)
Bek - he really was such a happy man. Which is why he made everyone around him so happy!!! Yup, "the man(ny)" gets neutered today. The husband stays at whatever friend's house is closest to the basketball court in whatever town he's playing in that night. (If the song "glory days" is breaking out in your head right now - you're right on!). We are SOOO happy that the nursery is done. Much less to worry about during this home stretch!
Dakota - I hear ya!!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

So sorry about your Bumpa, and your cold...hope all feels better soon :)

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Oh gosh! I just stopped-in to catch up. . . . .

So sorry to hear about your Bumpa, he looks like he was such a charmer. That's one of the traits that God likes best; my Gramma had it too. Maybe they're telling each other some stories about their grandchildren!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! NO WORRIES, JUST REST!

Peace-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home