Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

HOLY COW ~ I'M 9 MONTHS PREGNANT!!!


(I have completely given up on my husband learning how to take a clear picture. He refuses to TRY so I'm planning to teach Manny to use the camera so that I can occassionally get a picture of Rylee that I don't have to take).

Today is the big day. I am officially 36 weeks pregnant. The time when it really throws off people who don't know that pregnancy is technically 10 months, not 9. It seems like such a milestone - one I thought I'd never achieve!

Today I started my once-a-week appointments. This was also apparently the one where they start preparing you for the horror and invasiveness of labor & delivery. "You're going to put that WHERE? But... the baby doesn't come out of THERE... so... umm... what's the deal with that??" Have I mentioned that I hate my husband when I'm 36 weeks pregnant? After the whole putting the dirty orange juice glass in with the clean dishes in the dishwasher incident this morning, he has the audacity to say to me after she finishes putting that up there - "How'd that feel?". GRRRRRRRRRR. He's lucky I didn't give him a taste of EXACTLY how it felt... with my foot.



There was good news and bad news at this morning's appointment. The good news is I won't go into labor worrying that Rylee might come out a Xander (I will know for sure one way or the other on Friday). The bad news is that the reason for the ultrasound is that it has been a month now since they have shown any growth in my little peanut and they want to make sure that everything is okay. She told us not to worry (oh, okaaay) - that we might just be having a small baby - but that she wanted an ultrasound this week to be sure. So I have to wait two painstaking days and drive far, far away before we find out. I've never even entertained the thought of having a small baby. Shawn is 6'5", 215 pounds and I am 5'10", 160 pounds (not pregnant). We were both good sized babies - me weighing a pound more than him at birth (although his mom smokes so he most likely would've weighed more). We can definitely deal with a small baby - as long as she is healthy!! We were both just expecting to have a huge baby. Over the last 9 months I have basically prepared myself to have a 10-pound baby 3 weeks late and need a C-section. ;) So although it may just be that Rylee turns out to be a little peanut, everyone send some big healthy thoughts her way anyway. :)

12 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Jaime she is going to be fine! Cant wait till you get to meet her! So exciting already 9 months pregnant! WOW

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Tidy Bowl said...

She's going to be the healthiest little cutie ever! All you have to be "afraid" of (if that's even the right term) is that Rylee might choose to make her appearance on or around Christmas day. So-worst case scenario, you're in the hospital on Christmas day. Best case scenario- you get a Christmas baby!!!! My prayers are with Rylee right now!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Jamie, I know you are going to worry either way. But I am sure you feel her moving. If she is samll no big deal..the longer before she gets too big!!

Also my friend was due 3 days before me with Ethan, they kept tellingher the baby wasn't growing...she was so how was the baby not?? They told her they were going to take him early because he hadn't grown. They said he wouldn't even be 5 lbs. They took 3 weeks early and he was over 6 lbs. So just an example of how wrong doctors are sometimes! Will keep you in prayer!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Bek said...

hey girl, if rylee is small, all the easier she comes out!! no matter what size she is, she'll be PERFECT!!!! you look wonderful, mama. :) best wishes. keep us updated.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

Perfect, whole & complete is who Miss Rylee will be. I'll keep generating positive thoughts! :-)

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You look great. Don't worry things will be fine.

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Nadine said...

Wow, you're glowing! You look really beautiful.

I'm sure your little one is just fine, hon'! Enjoy your last weeks of being pregnant. I'm definately going to miss feeling iBaby in my belly when (s)he - yeah, still a secret ;) - is born.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

Everything is will be fine. Just don't let the people at the hostpital not let you get what you want when you need it. Be persistant if you need something so you actually get it.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Please let us know how everything is going. I have been thinking about you all day. Email me Jamie if you want to talk.

Have a great Christmas!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Awwwwww. You're such a cute pregnant mom! Don't worry, she'll be fine. When they did the initial ultrasounds on my sister for my nephew Colby, they told us he was only going to weigh 5 lbs max. Had us all very worried. He was born weighing 7.5lbs...totally normal and healthy.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

Tidy - Too funny... at my last appt the Dr. was saying she was going to deliver the Xmas baby - we volunteered. ;)
Donna - your story made me feel MUCH better - I went right home and told Shawn about it that night!
Sweety - I will miss that, too! I LOVE her kicks and pushes. And pout that it's still a secret!! :)
Flutter - you are SO SWEET to be thinking of me! I wanted to cry this morning when I read that!
Thanks to everyone else for your kind & encouraging words, thoughts and prayers - you are all so sweet!!! :)

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Drea said...

Your Belly looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home