Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

BAH HUMBUG!



So they spelled my name wrong... how cute is it anyway?! When I submitted my order form to the guy at the counter, I almost said to him "Can you make sure my name gets spelled right?". I decided I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he'd actually make sure my name was spelled correctly on my Christmas cards - I mean, after all, everyone spells names differently so I'm sure they pay close attention to that. WRONG. I went to pick them up and immediately looked to see that they spelled my name correctly. "Oh no! My name is spelled wrong" I say to the woman behind the counter.
WBTC: "Are you sure?"
Me: "Yeah, pretty sure" (no sarcasm there)
WBTC: "Well let me see how it was spelled on the order form" (The order form that the customer fills out).
Me: "Yeah, pretty sure I spelled it right on there" (again no sarcasm)
WBTC: "Oh yeah, it looks like it was our fault.

??????????????

So... I hate the holidays this year. I cannot wait for Christmas to come and go. It occured to me about a month ago that Christmas and New Years fall on a Sunday this year - my only day of the week off - so for me those weeks are the same as every other week of the year. I could've REALLY used those extra days off - me being 9 months pregnant and all. When I think about Christmas this year, I make the Grinch look like Mary Poppins. Just come and go, holidays, and no, I don't want to hear what my teacher friends are doing over their sabbatical. ;)

At my OB appointment last week, the Dr. said that my little peanut hadn't grown since the previous appointment two weeks earlier. (Although I'd gained 3 pounds). She told me not to worry and that at next week's appointment, if Rylee hadn't caught up, they'd do an ultrasound. The difference in how I look with clothes on and how I look bare-belly is shocking. I'll have to have Shawn take pictures both ways next week (double the photos - that outta be fun!). I look about 5 months pregnant with my clothes on and about 15 months pregnant without. ;) In less than 3 weeks, I have a maternity photo shoot with Demers Photography! After the shoot you'll be able to link to their site and check out the big 'ole belly at it's fullest! At the time of the shoot, I'll (hopefully) be almost 2 weeks from the big day! I'm so excited about it! It will be a far cry from the "modeling" I used to do for my former employer - when I was thin, athletic and beautiful - but atleast I'll get some good shots for Rylee's scrapbook!



So how about them ankles!?! The picture doesn't do it justice ... they have actually turned into "thankles". (They are the same size as my thighs - which is just not pretty!). At the last appointment they told me the sodium would have to go. Olive Garden's alfredo sauce is low-sodium, right??
Shawn and I opted to watch a video in lieu of birthing classes. I'm a little nervous about this decision. I took the class with my friend, Amy, but Shawn is going in a little unprepared. The video is actually pretty informative - I can't believe there are so many things I didn't know about childbirth. For example, they tell you that you'll have exactly 7 warning signs that all show up 2 weeks before you deliver. REALLY? Okay, so your homework is to think of all the things that surprised you about your labor (or things that seemed "insignificant enough" to not show up in all the books) and FILL ME IN! :)

27 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

Perhaps I can share with you some of my manipulative tactics that might get you time off with Scott & Paul!!!!!! :-)))) I am rarely unsuccessful.....ha, ha!

Keep thinking of all the things that you get to look forward to...I'll stop by and visit to help ease the pain! ;-)

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger MsAmber said...

I have no sage advice.
No wisdom to impart.
I'm living this pregnancy through you.
And enjoying every minute of it.

"But women have done it literally millions of times successfully." Isn't that comforting?
Not really.
MsAmber

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Matthew May said...

Interesting Blog :) Cute card!

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Humor Girl said...

Awww...Just can't wait to have babies! And btw...They spelled my name wrong on a christmas card a few years ago....and mine is one of the most traditional names in the book.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Bek said...

hmmmmm...don't you wonder what humor girl's name is??? well, you and shawn will be fine no matter how you prepare, girl. we didn't take any classes at all (series of circumstances) and we were fine. the nurses coached both of us through the whole thing. i didn't even know how to breathe right or anything. but if you feel like you are spazzing out about anything, you just ask a nurse (that's the wonder of hospitals) and they tell you how to lay or posititon yourself or how to breathe, etc.
i agree with angela on the poop thing. it doesn't matter AT ALL. i actually walked across my room NAKED when i was in labor b/c i was hot and wanted my gown off. i really didn't care THAT MUCH. its weird. you have no shame. you'll be fine. and don't worry about what you say, either. they've heard everything. you just concentrate on getting that precious baby out and don't worry about anything else. :)

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Donna said...

I agree. You will have no shame after you have this baby! I bet you already feel like that considering the amount of times they "check you" in the office. Oh what we go through! But it is so worth it!!

Yeah the pooping thing, the "oh my gosh I have to shave every day until I have the baby, just in case" (was I the only one worried about this??)When you are in labor you aren't worried about anything except getting the child out!!

Oh and by the way..labor doesn't go in any pattern..are you kidding..EVERYONE is different...and every birth is different! Have no expectations. It will all be FINE.

I took classes with my first and I didn't remember anything when I went into labor=)

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

oh goodness that Christmas card is adorable. I love when people ask dumb questions of course it was their error you know how to spell your name!

Wow I cant wait to see the pregnancy pictures I am sure they are going to turn out fabulous. My days off around the holidays suck as well.

Have a great day!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

You know...I was talking to a friend the other day about how it really just doesn't feel like Christmas...I don't know what's going on.

Can't wait to see the pictures.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Amber said...

9mos??? Where the hell have I been? Oh right, neglecting my blog. I'm all better now so I'll be a better online pal and pay you a visit more often! Love that belly!

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your thankles girlie... I had them too! I was wearing slippers to work the last month b/c none of my shoes fit! Keep them elevated and stay off them as much as you can!!!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Drea said...

Hi Jaime. Wow your ankles are really swelled! Alfredo sauce probably is high in sodium. Any thing good has lots of sodium HAHAHA...

I was pregnant during the summer. So I was dealing with 99 degree weather... in North Carolina. It wasn't fun. When I was 8 mo. pregnant we went to a youth camp down in Boiling springs NC... was SOOO HOT! We had to stay in these uncomfortable dorm rooms... and the shower rooms we all had to share were open.. so being fat and pregnant wasnt the best to be during this time :-) made things really uncomfortable. Any how beecause I was on my feet a lot... and in the heat I had a real problem w/ the swelling... so I had to leave the camp and go stay w/ my parents in Charlotte, NC the rest of the week...

It was really painful.
I wasnt drinking nearly enough water though... and I really think thats the trick. Just got to keep that fluid in you.

Hope it gets better soon. Try to keep your legs elevated. Watch TV :-)

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Tonya - he he... you're so good to me - bringing me Bah Humbug goodies at work! :) If I thought there was a shot I'd have you use your manipulative tactics but since how they don't get an extra day either, I'm not holding my breath. :)
MsAmber & Amy - I don't know why I think it's so incredibly cute that you say you've been "living pregnancy through me". Maybe cuz that's how I felt about other people for so long - and now it's finally my turn!! :)
Ang - You are so sweet, as usual. Totally blushing. I was just prepping Shawn about the blood after getting your email the other day. :) He was pretty scared! And Yes, Ang, Bek and Donna - I am totally worried about pooping. My video mentioned giving myself an enema - but I think that might be as scary as the pooping... he he.
Bek & Donna - I've heard that about "having no shame" while in labor before - I also can't picture myself not being totally modest but we'll see!
Donna - what you said about classes definitely makes me feel better. I thought I might be going in WAY behind the curveball.
Jen - I just ordered some "slip-on" shoes from LLBean so I don't have to bend over as much :) but I have a feeling I won't even be able to get them on soon. Slippers sound like a great idea!!
Drea - Ohhhhh... 9 mos. in the summer. I am SOOO glad it's winter so I have an excuse to keep my thankles covered up. ;)

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

What is that thing on the Christmas card?

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Awwww... mean crall. (POUT) Don't pick on my baby!! He looks much more dog-like in real life, even if we don't really know what kind of dog he really is!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Laura said...

WBTC: Are you sure? WAHAHAHAHAHA! I would have been such a smart ass with that one...gotten out my driver's license, held it up to the card...um..yup...it's wrong on the card. Good grief.
Bek is right...you are not going to care if the hospital custodian comes in and has a good look when you are in the thick of things. Nurses, God bless them...have seen it all. And if it makes you feel any better, I pooped on the table with two of my kids. Woo hoo! The nurses don't care..they clean it up and you move on.
I had horrible swelling like that, too. It got so bad one time it looked like my ankles were folding over..blech. Lots of water, don't sit for too long and get up and move freqently. Keep them elevated when you lay down...it will be a thing of the past soon!!!
I can't think of ANYTHING that showed up two weeks before I delivered any of my kids..except a reeeeeeally bad attitude on my part. Crabby, crabby, crabby. :)
~L.

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats on the baby! Lori at Shawn's old work gave me the web address.
YOur poor ankles! Wow, mine weren't even close to that, but guess what, those nice skinny ones will come back!
I'll show Rick your site so he can see those beautiful ankles, and the cute belly! We miss seeing you guys around!
Karrie

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

I actually had pregnancy sandles that are a 1/2 size larger and were leather so that they could stretch with my huge ankles and feet.

Just raise your feet. And don't eat alot of salt and eat more vegetables.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Cori said...

I can tell you that when you are pushing that peanut out-you poop on the table-no one ever told me that until after! Make sure hubs is not in view of that. I am just telling you this to help you out! I know-its gross.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger QOS said...

you totally should have made them give you the cards for free.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

Cori, know what you mean. So Jamie, do what I did with my second one.... ask for them to give you an enima before the labor pain gets to bad. That way you don't have anything embarrasing happen.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Achievers Unlimited obviously did not read the previous comments. Hee hee!!
~L.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

I couldn't get into Christmas this year either. I don't have any good reasons, just didn't. No tree, nothin.
Ouch on the ankles!!
Bummer on the cards too :(

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Laura - LMAO - you are too funny. And glad to hear that the attitude thing isn't just Jaime-specific. ;)
Karrie - Hi! What a surprise! So great to hear from you. I'm glad you have my site address now - now you'll be able to see the earliest pics of Rylee right off the bat! :)
Leesa - isn't it wierd!? It seems like NOONE has the Christmas spirit this year!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

how cute are you? i'm totally feeling you name mis-spekked pain! nobody ever gets it right! thanks for stopping by my blog and congrats on teh peanut!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

crap. leave it to me to mis-spell mis-spelled

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Crazy Me said...

OMG!! Your poor ankles. That looks so painful!!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Autumn said...

Just to encourage you... despite what some people say, it is NOT inevitable that you will poop on the bed while delivering your baby. I have birthed three healthy babies and didn't poop with any of them. Actually, a few minutes before they crowned is when I would run to the bathroom and poop on the toilet (and say some heartfelt prayers of thanks to God.) I always know that the end is VERY near when my legs start trembling and I throw up. The very hardest part of labor (at the end) is also the shortest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home