Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 06, 2006

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY, SHAWN!!!


THE BIG 3-0. Today is the day. Of course it doesn't really FEEL like his birthday yet because the party is tomorrow. I am excited for the party and even more excited for it to be over. If I can survive a party with 56 people 10 days before my due date and the house ends up clean on the other end, I will be one happy girl. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND - I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!

Yesterday was not a good day and really tested my emotional patience. We started out the day with a routine 8 am Dr. appointment and a lovely Maine snowstorm (1-3 INCHES MY ASS!). I had no idea it was snowing when I got up and therefore didn't leave early. The trip from house to hospital usually takes 45 minutes - yesterday it took over an hour (and that was pushing it!). The roads were horrible and I felt bad about being late. Once there the Dr. once again told us that the results of our last ultrasound were fine. THEN COMES... the belly measuring. She says that I'm measuring 34 weeks pregnant when I'm really 38 and that I need another ultrasound AGAIN - ASAP. I'm sent upstairs for a non-stress test b/c the baby hasn't been moving as much as usual. The non-stress test results came back that she "passed" - but by no sparkling measures. Apparently she was as sluggish for their testing as she has been lately. They immediately shipped me off for an Ultrasound an hour away. I called my sister to cover for me at work and headed off for the drive in the snowstorm. Shawn met me down there where the ultrasound also revealed less than sparkling results - the tech was having a hard time seeing her esophagus move or seeing Rylee breath. (Although she had gained a full pound - weighing 6 pounds, 13 ounces!) At this point they need to give ME a non-stress test. Then the u/s tech and I have this conversation:
UST: What were the results of the NSD test this morning?
Me: Well, they said they wished that she'd "wake up" and that she "paaaaassed"...
UST: But barely...
Me: Well, they didn't say what measure she passed by, but they didn't seem thrilled...
UST: Well, same thing here: She passed - but barely.

She tells us that she thinks we'll need to come in for another ultrasound within the next couple of days and heads off to talk to the Dr. about it. We're managing to keep our freaked-out-ed-ness to a minimum. She comes back about 10 minutes later to tell us that the doctor thought everything looked great and that we were free to wait until our Wednesday appointment with our regular doctor to determine whether we needed another.
So - to review -
Non-stress test giver thought: Hrmm, not great.
Doctor thought: Yes, great!
Ultrasound tech thought: Hrmm, not great.
Doctor at the ultrasound place thought: Yes, great!

????

Sooooooooooo... at this point I'm thinking "Okay, clearly there is SOME concern with SOME medical professionals as to the health of the baby... she weighs a healthy 6 pounds, 13 ounces and I'm officially full-term with 11 days to go before my due date. WHY, AGAIN, ARE WE NOT INDUCING??". I called the doctor to talk to her about it. She tells me that everything is fine and dandy - that the ultrasound tech was just "squirrely" and getting us worried over nothing and that everything would be just fine to wait. WAIT. UGH.

So... at this point I am doing everything in my power to keep this baby moving so that I feel better and eagerly awaiting Wednesday's appointment. My bags will be in the car that day - one week before my due date - and if she says "ULTRASOUND" ONE MORE TIME, I'm putting my foot down and making them induce me. Even if I DO have to make my sister make them for me. ;) Tick, tick tick...

8 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Donna said...

She's just getting in all her rest for the big day!!

I will pray that all goes well!!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Bek said...

happy birthday, jaime's husband. :) i agree with donna, she's restin' up. no need to worry. i found that there was ALWAYS a reason to freak out in the hospitals. and sometimes u just gotta relax. all will be well. sending love. :)

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Hang in there she will be here before you know it!

Happy Birthday to Shawn!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

Well Sweetie! The BIG 3-0 was FABULOUS! We had a fantastic time and loved meeting all your friends...who are little pieces of you....:-) They were all VERY nice and welcoming and the kids were little charms. I had fun pig-piling with them on your bed! :-) I hope your clean up went smoothly and that the week coming up is lacking stress!

I guess we will see you at Marg's on Thursday....unless you end up with Miss Rylee on Wednesday!!!!!!!!! So exciting!
LOVE YA!

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jaime,
I have been dying to see pictures of you pregnant so Mom finally sent me your blog! You are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your photo shoot! Oh and Happy Birthday Shawn! The Big 30!! WAHOO!

The baby is just resting up for the big day Jaime. Everything will be fine. And having a 'surprise' labor would be so exciting...especially during a huge snowstorm, right? LOL

I'll keep you in my prayers as d-day approaches. Personally, I'd take a surprise over an induction anyday, but if you just can't wait to see her, then get working on that dr for a date! It will be here soon enough and I sure can't wait to meet that baby girl!

Tricia
trishgree@hotmail.com

 
At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaime, you did a GREAT job on the
party. I can't believe that I left the camera home, can't wait to see your pics. Love Ya

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thins come to those who wait, be patient grasshopper! She'll be here soon! Can't wait to meet her! Avery will have a new girlfriend!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Laura said...

OK..at the risk of sounding like a pain in the ass...I would have a serious talk with your doctor. You've had a few incidents over the past month and I would be just as concerned/worried as you are. Don't be shy or NOT bring any of your concerns or worries to your regular OB because you think you are being pushy or because the Dr.s know best. Be the squeaky wheel and go with whatever your gut is telling you. Gut feelings are usually right.
Hang in there!!!
~L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home