Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 09, 2006

A Smashing Success...



So Shawn's party was a success from start to finish. Holly and Tony came up on Friday night to help me out with set-up and on Saturday morning when Tony and Shawn went to pick up the keg, Holly and I ran out to pick up Shawn's gift (the Red Sox table set - which he LOVED) at my sisters.

Everything was done and ready to go so we had a few hours to relax before guests started arriving around 4 pm. We had a TON of food and cake and our 45 or so guests seemed to all have a good time. By 10 pm, I had the upstairs of the house spotless (where the kitchen, dining room, living room, etc. is) and I was in bed - exhausted - by 10:45. In spite of the fact that my ankles and toes were HUGE and I was sore and tired all over, it was totally worth it.

The majority of the crowd was gone by 9:30 and the remaining crew (a dozen or so) stayed until about 2:30 am. Yesterday morning I warned Shawn that he was on downstairs duty and he got to work. It wasn't long before he had that cleaned up (the majority of the people - and mess - were upstairs) and we spent the rest of the day relaxing (until Shawn had to leave for his basketball game, anyway). Shawn was so happy with the turnout and people were very generous with gifts. I was especially happy to get to see one of my best friends, Sonya, who made the long trek up from New Hampshire. A really great time - but SO GLAD IT'S OVER!!! :)

5 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Donna said...

What a wonderful wife you are!! My hubby will be 27 in 2 weeks and I can't wait to have a big 30 for him!! I still have 5 years left=)

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

It WAS a smashing success!!!! :-) Thanks again for including us on this big day! Good food, great friends and a lot of fun!!!!!!!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Look like lots of fun. Wish I lived near ya!

What a great gift you gave him so very cool!

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did such a good job planning and you were a radiant and gracious Hostess (with the mostess) :)

Thanks for letting me share in the big event!!! It was great seeing you and Shawn. It made me look forward to moving back to ME--can't happen soon enough.

Oh, so that's Tonya?!?!?

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Bek said...

wow! looks like you did a great job!!! and cool presant you got him - - u r a thoughtful wife!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home