Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 20, 2006

And I guess that's why they call it the blues...









Exactly one week ago (I started this post yesterday at 2 pm and am finishing it now), I was being sent home from the hospital with contractions that were 1-3 minutes apart. The next 3 hours would be the most painful of my life. And the most rewarding. When I went back to the hospital at 5 pm (against medical advice - they told me that I wasn't in labor and was just dehyrated) I was 4 cm dilated. THANK GOD.
We just happened to be staying in the town that our hospital was in on Saturday night to watch the Pats game. I ate SO MUCH CRAP! (surprise, surprise) When I woke up in pain on Sunday morning I really thought I was sick from all the food I ate the night before. We headed to the hospital around noon and they kept us until 2 pm. They told me to push tons of fluids and that if (when) my contractions stopped I was free to head back home. Until then I should head back to my friend's house in town (the roads were horrible this day). My contractions were HORRIBLE and coming around a minute apart. I had nausea with every contraction. It was so bad at 5 pm that I told Shawn that we weren't messing around with calling the hospital for the "okay" - we were heading right there.

Shortly after we were admitted at 4 cm, the nurse came in to offer pain meds. I got a shot of nubain in the arm and labored in the jacuzzi tub for a bit. Both things helped tremendously with the pain. Once the pain got too strong, I asked for my epidural. It took them about an hour and 1/2 to get it administered and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I repeat for any moms-to-be out there (Sweety, etc) - GET AN EPIDURAL!!! Post-epidural I was happy as a clam. I didn't feel a thing. It was heavenly. At 5 cm dilated she came in and broke my water. She waited an hour or two and came in to see the progress which was only about 1 cm. At this point she decided to administer Pitocin to speed things up. When she came back in an hour to get it going, I rolled over a bit and Shawn noticed that my sheets were covered in blood. She said "this may be a good thing" and from here on things were a blur. She checked me and said that there was no need for Pitocin - I was 10 cm and ready to go. She called the doctor and within an hour I was pushing. In our quiet little room with the lights dimmed, Shawn, myself, the nurse, the doctor and the Pediatrician (she needed to be called b/c of meconium in my water) managed to coax this sweet little girl out in 5 contractions at 2:38 am on Monday. It was such an unbelievable experience. For both Shawn and I, it was love at first sight.

Rylee Carmella is the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on. She is everything I've ever wanted and more - so why is it I can't stop crying?? The day I brought her home we lost the power due to hurricane-like winds for over 24 hours. No heat - no water - no electricity. I spent the first night home with her all by myself on my sister's couch. The girl poops about 15 times a day and it's true what they say about Huggies - they suck. She went through 4 outfits that first night and I was left crying on the couch with a crying naked baby at 4 am. Daylight didn't bring any relief... Shawn was back at work and there was still no power. It was quite a relief to finally come back home (even though my house is a disaster) and have daddy come home that next night!

Dear Rylee,
I simply love you more than I love life itself.


I have so many wonderful friends and family in my life. It means so much more to know that these people will be in Rylee's life. My friends have visited, called to check in and showered us with gifts. I can't even begin to say how much my sister, Darcy, has spoiled our sweet girl in her first few days of life. I think she has easily broken the $500 mark and more importantly, spoiled her with lovin'. Rylee is going to be auntie's little girl.

Thank you all for your sweet comments and encouragement! I am so excited to finally post ... and hopefully sometime soon I'll find the time to check my email as well. You are the best and I don't think I would've survived this miracle without you. Until next time... I'm off lovin' my baby girl. :) More pictures to come...

20 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Oh Jaime I am so glad to hear from you!

She is beautiful!

Hope you stop crying soon!

And I promise I will mail her GIFT! I AM REMINDING MYSELF!

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two are both so beautiful!! Darren and I are so happy to finally meet Rylee, and we can't wait to witness all of the wonderful things to come!!

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

I'm so glad you got the epidural. I had the same experience with it. The person that was going to give it to me was trying to go off for an hour and a half and I told them that I wanted it now and that she could wait for her break. I was a completely different person after it kicked in. It hurts so much more when they give you pitocin w/o pain killers. At least you didn't have to feel that. Congratulations on everything.

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

What a sweetie! It was nice to visit and catch up yesterday! Thanks for letting me love on Miss Rylee! I'll talk to you later in the week!
Love & Hugs! :-)

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Bek said...

awwww - look at that little pink body!! :) so cute! wow, sounds like a lot after the baby! no power! that would be a lot to add to the experience. glad to have you back though and glad to know all went well!!!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Bek said...

o yeah, and i remember the 15x/day pooping, that is crazy. i almost forgot about that. now its once or twice a day, aaaah, so much easier.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Drea said...

your hilarious. She poops like 15 times a day! to funny. :-) that is a lot of pooping for a newborn haha. I think Caleb went once a day.
I never really cared for huggies... I have tried every single brand out there. Use pampers if you want a good name brand one.
Caleb pee's like a mule.. so if I dont use pampers he goes through like 10 generic diapers a day... and at night pee's right through them.

Pampers Baby Dry or Cruisers are the only ones that hold him. I use way less diapers using the Pampers... so it really isnt any more expensive than the cheap kind.
A night I have to double him up... he pees that much! Last night I used luvs (im stay w/ my parents a week) and he pee'd right through those.

So yup.. pampers all the way hehe.
Wait til she gets on baby food... thats when the poopies get nasty lol.

Im glad your labor wasnt to bad. Epidurals are wonderful.

I like the 2nd picture down... with her in the pink booties and hat. That is to cute!!! Take a picture of her now in her car seat... and then when shes 1 take one of her in the same seat... such a neat picture. I saw it on a blog some where... Im going to do that soon with Caleb. Put him back into his baby carrier car seat.. hehe

Take care,
Andrea

PS~ Parents Choice wipes (from walmart) work just as well as huggies or pampers wipes. Although my husband disagrees he prefers the pampers wipes. SO I get both. He has his box of wipes he uses when he changes Caleb... and I have mine. haha.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Drea said...

oh yea meant to say. http://www.1800diapers.com << is a nice place to order diapers in bulk. Its just as cheap as walmart. And they take coupons as well. All you have to do is mail it to them. No shipping cost either! So if your feeling blue and dont wanna shop w/ a newborn... yet need diapers in a few days.. order them off that site :-)

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Donna said...

She is beautiful Jamie!! It almost makes me want another=)

It is funny how differnt things work for different people. I love huggies, they have worked for both of my kids. The supremes are GREAT. But honestly nothing works for those itty bitty pooping machines!! You will have leaks for awhile.

One thing that has worked really well with stains (even formula which is hard to get out) Totally Toddler spray. They have it a Walmart and Babies R Us for sure.

Have a wonderful 6 weeks with the cutest little girl!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

I'm so happy you had a good birth! Rylee is absolutely precious!

It gets better. Can you beleive it? And the poop gets better too. I promise.

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing keeps in the first baby poops!! That will get better! Just be sure to bring extra outfits (yes, multiple) everywhere. I remember the first time we went to see Grammie and Papa... we had to stop in Waterville to change a blowout! I cried the entire first week home too - becoming a mother is simply the most overwhelming, powerful, awesome experience ever - have no shame, its ok to cry!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

sounds like you are doing great. She is so beautiful. Even Derek said so when I showed him Rylee's picture. It gets better, girl. You are doing great.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh Jaime...she is gorgeous. i am so proud of you!!!!

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Leesa said...

Congratulations!! She's just lovely :)

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Look at that sweet little girl!!! All nekkid and wrinkly. I love new babies!!! Don't you just love the way they move and yawn and make goofy faces...she is the sweetest. Congratulations again.
And hopefully those crazy hormone blues will pass soon. I had a few days where I just sobbed for no evident reason, too. Hang in there!!
~L.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Donna said...

I don't even know you all personally but just from a few pictures I have see of Shaun, she looks liek him...especially in that first picture!!

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best gift in the world is a little girl!! She'll be your best friend forever! From day one forward, it just keeps getting better!! I can't tell you how happy I am for you and just know you will be the greatest Mom. Rylee doesn't realize how extremely lucky she is already! The prayer chain has brought so many wonderful things to so many.
ENJOY!!

Kathy & Jordan

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. The girls and I cannot get enough of looking at Rylee's pics. "Mommy, can we look at those pictures again?" Our family wishes your family a lifetime of love, joy and happiness :-)

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

wow, nice pictures.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Ok..I'm getting worried about you..time to post girly.
;)
~L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home