Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 20, 2006

5 weeks new


I can't believe that Rylee is already 5 weeks old! Where has the time gone? The last month has been a total blur. Christmas seems like years ago. I'M SO EXHAUSTED!! The little peanut has horrible gas that keeps her from falling back asleep after her 2:30 a.m. feedings. Which therefore keeps me from falling asleep after her 2:30 a.m. feedings. She's been smiling for over a week now and yesterday she smiled A LOT!! It was the best thing I'd ever seen. It maybe even made up for the 3 straight hours that she cried last night. Maybe.

The rate at which this child is growing is out of control. She already weighs over 9 pounds! What happened to the 6 pound peanut that I brought home from the hospital? I think all of these women who gave birth to 9+ pound children are mystical saintly creatures whose pictures should be placed in a museum for all to see. It's been determined that she gets her red hair from Shawn's bumpa and she certainly gets her temper from her daddy. She wants to eat ALL THE TIME, which she clearly gets from her mama. No matter how long she has been sleeping (even if it's only been 8 minutes) she thinks she's STARVING when she wakes up. And if you try to trick her with the pacifier instead, she will grunt this adorable "Mrmm! Mrmm! Mrmm!" in a very angry tone. She has recently come down with a horrible case of baby acne which I am praying will go away very soon. When she cries the bottom sides of her cheeks puff out and it looks like she just had her wisdom teeth out. I look forward to her cry just so I can see it. Her hands are huge and her feet are ginormous. She has outgrown most of her socks even though they claim to fit "up to 6 months". She gets excited when she sees Manny; although not as excited as he gets when he sees her. She's so much person in such a little body. I love every inch.

Soooo...... very exciting...... her newborn photos are up and posted for all to see. They have actually been up for a week now but I have been so beyond exhausted that I couldn't find the time to post the link. She already looks so different than she did in these photos - which were taken when she was 13 days old. I am IN LOVE with the new "custom creations" they have done - a beautiful collage featuring our maternity photo and 4 pictures of Rylee. I cried when I saw it. They are such talented photographers and I am SO GLAD that I had these photos done. JUST INCREDIBLE.

To view them:
www.demersphotography.com
recent photo sessions
print room lab
rylee's newborn session
enter password: manny (all lower case)

To view the awesome photo collages (there are two - use the arrow to scroll over)
www.demersphotography.com
portfolio
custom creations

I hope you'll all tell me your favorites! I ordered just about all of them in a 4 x 6 for her scrapbook but had a hard time choosing 5 x 7's and 8 x 10's for frames. I love them all!!

14 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Bek said...

jaime, that is so neat that she has bumpa's hair....seems divine. and israel had huge hands and feet too!! (he still does!) AND I USED TO LOVE the face he made when he cried too! not that i wanted him to cry, but oh, sometimes those little boo-boo faces are too much!!! well, sounds like u are doing well, girl, and little rylee too!! thanks for posting again, and i can't wait to go check out your pictures!!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Fiddler said...

Beautiful photos... glad you're doing well... it's exhausting work, this new motherhood stuff :) But it goes by so quickly... savor every moment!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

I like the ones of her and the both of you. Oh, and the pictures of her and manny and her teeny weeny feet are just adorable!!!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

Wow..what a cutie pie :)

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

My nephew used to fart all the time when he was normal.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Be careful when you say that you can't wait until you hear the first cry... I'm kidding. Those pictures are adorable!! My fav: A-36-2006 ...

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Babies are just amazing! She is so cute and EVERY picture is awesome. Hope all continues to go good. Nice hearing from you again.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

Have you taken her to a chiropractor yet, it might help with the gas and always wanting to eat. That sounds alot like colic

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Kimber said...

What a great blog :) I love all the pictures and all the stories...sure brings it all back....and kinda (and I mean kinda) makes me miss the baby stage..okay, it actually DOES make me miss it!!!

Enjoy every second...it does indeed go by in a blur...no more babies for us :( But, each new stage brings something delightfully fun to hang onto :)

And one day, you will look back and kinda miss those early morning feedings - cuz they were special ONE on ONE times with your little one! (You won't miss the lack of sleep though...hee hee!!!)

Blessings to you and your family - your baby is really really BEAUTIFUL and precious!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger KMR said...

wonderful! you are so blessed.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Sweet, sweet girl. It does go by so fast-always keep that in mind. My Bee is on my lap saying "Baby!" at her photos, and I am sniffing his hair. Mmm..I love that.
~L.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Drea said...

Jaime, loved the professional pics... so beautiful!

Hey I posted a comment on the blog post below this one about the comment I left that I think upset you... cause Ive had 2 anonymous comments said regarding it.

Listen,
I didnt write that to offend anybody. I posted it as my view on the subject and just to ask a few questions. Not to condemn or belittle anybody for the choice they made.
Its just an option.
So I apologize if it came across wrong to you.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

the pictures were great. She is definitely a keeper.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Drea said...

Hey I just saw your maternity photos! id never seen those before. You were such a pretty pregnant lady lol. Your belly was like the perfect round-ness.
I like the way the photographer positioned your hands in the shape of a heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home