Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Better late than never!


(To see more of Rylee in her Christmas digs, click here)

Dear Rylee,

I am so sorry that I missed your 10 month post. I literally have not had a second to spare since November 16th.

We had a big month! For starters, you had a bad case of Roseola - which ironically mama had when she was also 10 months old. When mom had it, she was in the hospital, though. You still wake up once a night and when you are sick, you hardly sleep at all. It is the only time mom and dad will let you sleep in bed with them. If I had written this post back when you turned 10 months like I was supposed to, I would be reporting that you are still an absolute angel. The last week, however, you have been replaced by your evil twin, Kylee. You have been Grouchy McGee and when I sing songs to you it is no longer "Old McDonald had a farm EIEIO" it's "Grouchy Rylee had a farm, grouch grouch grouch grouch grouch". I have a "grouch" version for every song out there, not that it has helped. I am beginning to wonder if maybe your daycare is sneaking you dairy products during the day.

You still have 8 teeth - 4 on top and 4 on bottom. You have been walking like a pro on furniture for months now but I'm beginning to think that you're not going to actually walk until you're 3. You won't even try. You won't even THINK ABOUT trying. As you're strolling along the furniture or the back of someone's legs or the wipe container or literally ANYTHING else that is more than 4 inches high, we will try to pull you out where you can't hold on. You refuse to even try to stand even when we holding on to you. YOU have to be the one holding on and you won't budge on that rule.

You're vocabulary in month 10 has grown slightly but not by leaps and bounds. You have added "baby" to the mix and that is about it. And that fiery red-head temper of yours keeps you from saying words on demand. Instead, you say them when YOU want to say them... like right after the video camera gets turned off.

When we had you in the doctor, you weighed in at 18 pounds with clothes on. You're wearing a size 9-12 month clothes. You don't care much for any of your toys. You LOVE to type on the keyboard, play with the mouse, play with the phone and remote and push the knobs on the water cooler. You're also still dedicated to trying that Iam's Small breed and you want desperately to see what all the fuss is about with the outlets.

Your favorite toy - still your dog. You absolutely LOVE Manny. He is getting a little short with you even though he really does love you. You pull his fur out CONSTANTLY so it is a battle of me yelling at you for pulling his fur and yelling at him for nipping at you. You think BOTH are hilarious. In fact, this is the first month that I have attempted to say "No" to you and you think it is down right hysterical. I'd love to not be one of those moms who's child is being a total brat and they think it's funny... but yea, I am. As hysterical as you think it is when I say no to you - I think it almost as great when you laugh back at me. This will change, I know. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy that adorable little giggle of yours and laugh along with you.

I love you, Rylee Carmella. You are the best part of my day.

Love, Mom

7 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Drea said...

love the photos of rylee. Shes got some red hair it looks like! sooo precious.

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so nice to read these posts since I am the #1 worst friend in the world and have not seen you in a million days.

Its so nice to see you as a mom. I always knew you'd be a good one.

Love you

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

She is beautiful. Noor has the exact same Christmas Dress I bought it yesterday for her! I love it!

Have a great holiday and try and enjoy all the fun, I know you are so busy with work and all I hope you get some time off during the holidays!

 
At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you! Rylee is a doll! I SO remember Aiden and his "non-walking". LOL, I thought he never would, like Rylee, he was standing and walking along stuff so early...then he didn't walk till he was almost 15 months old...little stinkers, lol :) I STILL have a little something for ya, but with the move and all...I am not sure where it is at the moment. Hope we can catch up soon, I will email you :) Miss you, girl!!!

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know how everyone tells you to not be in a rush because once they start walking you can never catch them again? Yeah, I thought those people were crazy too. Enjoy every second of her somewhat limited mobility.

Love the pictures. She is the sweetest girl.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Bek said...

love the pics! THANKS For the ones you sent in the mail!! love it! have a merry merry christmas, jaime.......you have a precious family.....! (and manny being rylee's fave toy always makes me laugh!) :)

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!

I hope you guys have a great holiday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home