Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Happy 9 month birthday, Rylee!


Carrot face_r1_r1
Originally uploaded by Jaimemjfan.
Dear Ry, you're 9 months old and where do I begin? For starters, you look like you're 6 months old, feel like you're 12 months old and act like you're 18 months old. You weigh 17 pounds, 10 ounces and are in the 25th percentile for weight. You are 26 inches long putting you in the 75th percentile for height. You are wearing a size 12 month clothes and a size 4 diaper.

You chatter away in your own little language even though your vocabulary has not grown much over the last few months. You say "mum, mama, dad, daddy, dada, no, dog ("duog")". You have 6 full teeth and you show them off everytime you laugh. You speed around everywhere crawling and instantly stand up when you come to a "road block". You stand up with such ease that sometimes I expect you to stand up without the help of whatever you're leaning on. You are clearly not ready for that, yet, because you don't dare to let go of anything, including us when you're standing.
The last month you have slept through the night about half of the time. You usually go to bed between 7:30 and 8:30 and wake up whenever we do. You still go down great, except for the last week when you've had a bad cold (daycare plague) and don't want to go to sleep at all. You also haven't wanted to eat much the last couple of days.
You normally LOVE to eat. You still like almost everything we throw your way and really love "people food" just like your brother. In addition to loving lemons, you also love oranges.
You're still doing well at daycare even though you're there ALL THE TIME. Mama's new job has her commuting 2 1/2 hours a day so add that to the 43 hours that she's actually AT work and that makes for a long week of daycare. Hopefully by the first of the year you'll be spending less than 40 hours a week in daycare since you can stay home with mom one day a week (even though she has to work on the weekends - yuck!).
If we did not have Manny, you would be missing out on one of your favorite joys. When I see you two together I am so thankful for small miracles - like having someone give us a dog and having your daddy say yes to keeping him. You laugh and bury your face in his fur whenever you see him.
You are still a social butterfly but you do have your favorites. Uncle Darren is at the top of your list. Everytime he does his special little "weeeeeeeeee" with you I think of the movie "Liar, Liar" and "the claw". Another little thing that I am grateful for... having people in my life - your life - that I am confident love you as much as I do.
You had your first (and last?) sleepover at your Auntie Darcy's this month while mom and dad went to http://www.flickr.com/photos/74082133@N00/268228037/wedding. According to Aunt Darcy, you were up all night. I'm sure it was probably because you were nervous about sleeping in the same house as your Uncle Scott. He can get pretty grouchy. It looks like we'd better be turning to Auntie Tonya again for our next sleepover.
We've got a fun overnight trip planned! You don't know it yet but soon I'll be packing your many bags and we're heading to North Conway, NH for a night away. I can't wait to take you swimming in the indoor pool. Luckily Grammy was gracious enough to watch your brother while we go.
Last weekend you had your professional pictures taken with Ashton. I had to work so I am extra excited about seeing the finished product. (They should be up on the website on Monday so check back for the link!) It sounds like you were your usual fun-loving ham self so I'm sure they are adorable.
Peanut, you are the sweetest thing I have ever seen. You have the most wonderful personality and are so much fun to watch grow.
I love you so very much!! Love, Mom

6 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow 9 months old!

I can not believe how big she is getting!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Drea said...

I still remember when you were pregnant :-)
Shes so CUTE!

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following this site and so far the site
has produced over a 10% return. So far its a free
site.

rickjshandicappingpicks.blogspot.com/

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

I think the reason why she was up all night at Scott & Darcy's is because she's really use to staying overnight with ME... :-) He, he, he!!!! Sorry guys...I couldn't resist. :-)))

Jaime, she's is a little love and I will take her anytime I can. I love being invited into your life and seeing her grow. She is a little busy angel!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Bek said...

awwww, i love these posts. you are doing so good with keeeping up with them, jamie, i'm impressed!!!

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

9 months!!! WOW! What a sweet little cutie she is! I LOVE that you do these posts every month, I hope you print them and save them for her...or scrapbook them...although, you are probably not doing much of that lately. I have to get you into digi scrapping, lol. BTW, you have a VERY late but heart felt Happy Birthday Wish on the way...so sorry I missed it. Hope it was grand:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home