Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Ch-Ch-Ch-Cha Changes (Part 30)



So many cute pictures to post and for some odd reason my stubborn computer only lets me put one on per post. Wierd.
So... again... so many changes in my life.
First of all - I just ordered a Canon Powershot S2 IS digital camera. Eeek. It's a big purchase to make online - hopefully I made the right choice in stores. And cameras. My humble Kodak Easyshare 4.0 mp finally kicked the bucket when the door to the battery broke off. It was fate because I really wanted more zoom (my kodak is 4x optical/ 4 x digital) but couldn't justify spending the money when my camera worked fine. I just spent $300 on the new one. Tell me I'll love it. Yes, I'll love it. There was another factor in my hurry-up-and-get-a-new-camera decision: Sonya's mom's wedding. It's next Saturday night and I'm taking the pictures. I was going to borrow my sister's 5 mp Easyshare for the occassion (which has 10x zoom) but I'm hoping that the extra $7 I paid in shipping will get me my new 12x zoom Powershot in time. And before you tell me I should've sprung for the Digital Rebel (my DREAM camera)... I'm too poor for that. So instead just tell me how great the one I bought is. :)
I got yet ANOTHER new job. 7 + years with the same company and the past 3 or so years I've changed jobs 3 times. I was approached by someone I used to work with and offered a position I couldn't really pass up. It's with a kick-ass company in which I will be sure to go straight to the poorhouse via employee discount. I will be buying product for this store - much like my previous position - and then merchandising it - also much like a different previous position. I am praying that I like it. It will mean working weekends again (blah) but with that also comes a weekday off to make appointments, do banking, etc. I have next week off and then the following week I start my new job. I really liked the people that I worked with at the last job - and the new job means commuting well over an hour each way for the next 4 or so months - so I certainly had a tough decision. But hopefully I made the right choice. Time will tell...

5 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Drea said...

I think you've changed jobs more than I did before having Caleb :-)

I love that lil' polo shirt she has on... so cute!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Congrats on the new camera and the new job!

You are going to love the camera!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Bek said...

o my gosh!!! i can't believe how much she looks like your husband there, and i don't even know him! but from the pictures i've seen, she looks like a little shawn there! wowee :) - and good luck on the new job - and enjoy that week off, inbetween!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Hello! Popped in here from Dreas blog....I just bought the Canon S2 a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE it! I'm sure you will too. Check out my blog if you want to see some of the pictures I have taken with it. Have a good day!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger lexi2003 said...

What fabulous new pics of your cutie pie!! She looks so precious & sweet. :)

Congrats on the new job! I'm actually lookin' for a new one myself. Painful process, but hopefully something good will result!!

-kerri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home