Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Why yes, I AM still alive...

Hi there!
I miss my former life. And I miss all of YOU.
There are lots of new pictures of the peanut up on my Flickr - click here to check them out.

Things are crazy...
The good news is: I got a new job. And the bad news is: I got a new job. I started last Monday and was in training all week. I'm doing something similar to what I did a few years back. I had a hard time staying awake and focused but I I'm allowed back on Monday so hopefully they didn't notice. ;) The true test will be when I actually have to put to use some of the things I learned last week. Hrmm... Wish me luck with that. Those of you who know me will get an email soon with the details of my new position. I'm looking forward to having co-workers again and once my life gets back on track I'm sure I'll be making them some of Tonya's yummy cookies every other thing. And although I mentioned before that I have no sick time (scary with a new baby), I will be looking forward to my well air-conditioned office in the heat of the summer.

Rylee has been in daycare for two weeks now. The first week I had her in there partial days to work through the adjustment and last week was the first full week. She still won't take a bottle at all. Daycare Jen has been working with her but she is so damn stubborn. Cereal has been getting her through the day. The doctors are still adament that she shouldn't have any food, juice or water but I'm getting concerned about the dry diapers and I'm certainly not going to let her starve. The doctors keep saying that when she's hungry enough, she'll eat but let me tell you - she's hungry enough. And still won't eat. Boy will I be bringing this up when she's choosing a nursing home for me. I'll tell her all the details. Oh, yes. I will.

Speaking of daycare, Rylee just came down with a bad cold. I'm afraid Jen will ask me to keep her home - which I can't do because I'm in another week of training (and oh yeah, I work for a company with no sick/flex/personal time). Jen's daughter just came down with chicken pox so I'll be lucky if Rylee doesn't end up with those. Keeping my fingers crossed...

So the new job requires me to be away from Rylee for 10 hours a day. (9 hours plus a 1-hour round trip in traffic commute). If she slept 10 hours like a normal baby I'd be looking at just 4 hours a day to spend with her. Well, that is if I didn't have dinner to make, eat and clean up from, laundry to do, daycare bags to pack, bottles to wash, a bath to give and clothes to put out. I basically spend about 13 minutes a night with her which is approximately 9 minutes more a night than Shawn gets to spend with her (since he's the only one I know who works more hours than I do). How sad that we're working all of her baby months away. What I'd give to be a stay at home mom!! The good thing is that I no longer have to work Saturdays!! Yay!!

My husband is flying off to Atlanta to watch the Red Sox and leaving me alone with "the children" this weekend. From Thursday night to Tuesday morning I'll be on my own.... AHHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm quite confident that I might end up slitting my wrist. And there's a good chance that I'll go atleast two days without a shower and that I'll be quite late for work atleast one of those days. I'm having the hardest time with the morning routine. I have to dress up again for work and I hate that it takes me so much longer to get ready. I also have to pump and breastfeed. I'm bummed that Shawn won't see Rylee at all on father's day. I have already given him his gifts - a photobook from Shutterfly, a picture tie from The Picture People and a cute little onesie from Old Navy that says "daddy's little angel". I am the best gift giver ever. ;) In case you're wondering where I found the time to create a picture book, I have NO IDEA.

So the only thing I've been more slackerish on than cleaning my house and blogging is emailing my friends. I've got about 68 unread emails in my inbox. :( Renee if you're out there, HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!! I've been meaning to call you all week! Steph, Sonya, Jen, Bek, Ang, Kristen and Kathy - I'll email you soon - I promise! Some day this will get easier, right? If only there were a few (dozen) more hours in the day...

8 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good to hear from you Jamie. I'm sorry to hear that you're not lovin' your job and that Rylee is having a tough time taking the bottle. I'll be praying for you and hope that things will start looking up soon :).

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wish Jaime! Hang in there, things will get better!!! Say some prayers for me too right now! Love you!

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Everything will work out! Congrats on the new job and hopefully Rylee will eventually take a bottle. What about a cup? Have you tried that? Just a suggestion I have no frickin clue but maybe a sippy cup like the tupperware ones that arent spill proof so they are easier for her!

Have a nice weekend and you will be fine!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Nadine said...

Aww hon', it will all be OK! I feel SO guilty for complaining about having to work 3 days a week.

I'm sure you'll do great at your new job. I hope your little one doesn't get sick or anything. Hugs!!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Bek said...

oh, girl!! you ARE gonna make it. but i am feeling for you. sounds like things are just a LITTLE tough right now. prayin for ya.....that you will get sleep and that there will be some good points to this job along the way (yay for ac right?) and that you and rylee will adjust and that baby will take BOTTLE!!!! you are a wonderful mother, and its gonna work out soon. its gotta get easier, right? and rylee is getting so BIG!!! i mean that picture with her hand under her chins, she looks like a little toddler! :) anyway, good to hear from ya...bek

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl, rumor has it that it gets easier, but I don't believe them. The Boy just dropped my cell phone into his father's gin and tonic, successfully killing it. At least she can't ruin your stuff yet.

Good luck with the new job! Hang in there.

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to leave a comment after our conversation last night Jaime. This is just a little memo to the lurkers out there who feel that they need to pass judgement. Jaime wasn't saying that being a stay at home mom would be a walk in the park. She was saying that being a stay at home mom would ALLOW HER TO SEE HER CHILD!!!! Some people are so far up their own asses that they find a way to read into everything that everyone else says as a personal attack. So to the person who will remained unnamed: Get over yourself and focus on your own life...you obviously have enough in it to keep yourself busy.

I love you jaime.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Britt Phillips ComputerMillions.com said...

This is the best traitement contre acne information relating to Acne I've found on the entire web! http://www.computermillions.com/acne/site-map.php

 

Post a Comment

<< Home