Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 23, 2006

If I wasn't so head over heels in love...





So earlier this week Amy told me that the title of my next post (which she informed me would probably be in 2007) should be a snippet from our conversation. "If I wasn't so head over heels in love with her, I would've gotten that large Blizzard when they were half price at Dairy Queen". It blows my mind that I am forcing the self-control to not eat the cheese - not eat the ice-cream - not eat the chocolate. Only ONLY is it because I adore this baby girl and want so badly for her to be happy that I give up my own happiness via ice-cream.

I decided after seeing the flutterbug's comment that I HAD to sneak in a post today. There just aren't enough hours in the day to get anything done. Not enough time to post. Not enough time to read blogs. Not enough time to read books. Not enough time to go to Wal-mart. Not enough time to clean. Just not enough time.

So as you can see, the bebe is happy happy in spite of ANOTHER cold.
We're learning things that work -
*No dairy
*The fart pump (which unfortunately also so happens to be the puke pump b/c of her reflux - thanks for the tip, Jim!) (And by the way, thanks, Em, for the back arching tip - it was a dead giveaway!)
*Calming baths
*Eucerin & Alpha Keri (thanks for the tip, Jen!)
*The singing cow

All of these things make us very happy. :)

I also have to say I have had some AWESOME gifts from Amy and Ginger - so exciting! And I still need to post a picture of the ADORABLE Noah's ARk stuff I got from Bek and Ang... MY FAVORITE NURSERY DECORATIONS! :) And you all saw the cuter than cute onesie from little E over at Chateau Cookie. At some point I hope to actually get a chance to respond to your comments - I read and love them all - and have gotten so much out of each and every one! You guys are the best!

Other random things... my hubby sent me TWO DOZEN roses this week. It was very exciting. As you can see I used one of them to take a picture to send to daddy to thank him. :) Also, little man Avery turned the big 0-1 recently so everyone should go and send him belated birthday wishes!! :)

11 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Drea said...

Its amazing how fast they grow! Look at her smiling all grownie and stuff :-) putting on the weight hehe... so cute!

Caleb had a bit of reflux himself. My friend April told me to elevate his crib mattress... to an angel... so he was sorta sleeping on an incline. This helped A LOT when he slept.

Is she sleeping through the night yet?

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

Emily - I know!! It's so crazy - I thought she'd stay small longer. :)
Butterfly girl - The butterfly sweater picture was for you! :)
Drea - Oh my ... putting on weight is an understatement! I call her my little chunky monkey! And I am actually laughing out loud at the next two comments ...
1. Elevating the crib mattress would imply that she sleeps in a crib. Umm... she can barely sleep a few hours in the swing 7" from my face... never mind in her own room. :) Sadly she usually ends up on the changing table pad in between us.
2. SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT? Sigh... so far from it. Last night she was up 3 times from 2 am - 6 am. And that was typical. Pout.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

I don't know If I could have the disapline that you have. Just think, you are actually healthier for it also. If you go to the health food store (whole foods)there is rice milk, almond milk (my favorite) and other ones that are healthy for you to eat along with other alternatives so that way you can splurge and not feel guilty.

 
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was weird...Isabelle didn't really sleep through the night until we PUT her in her crib and dealt with crying for a few nights....maybe when you have enough energy (and believe me...I know why you don't...cuz' your SUPER WOMAN) you can try that. Love you.

Amy

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Bek said...

oh, those pictures are just awesome!!!! thanks for posting them. yeah, you'll get more time eventually. but often i still feel that way. anyway, u are reminding me of what i'm heading into again in a few months!!! oh yeah, and as far as sleeping thru the nite..is it a reflux/colic thing? or is it just a baby thing? cuz if its a baby thing, it can be remeidied by putting her on a schedule (re: babywise). and man i am proud of you for the dairy. that has to be tough!!!! good job, mommy.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Yeah Jamie, having the willpower to not eat dairy is a HUGE accomplishment! I creid when we decided to do formula..which we only did becasue we got on a program that gives you FREE formula (WIC). But man I tried the no dairy thing and I just couldn't do it. I am proud of you=)

She is so cute=) Girls are so fun to dress up, boys are to extent but I miss having a baby girl when I see pictures of Rylie all dressed up. I am glad things are going better. Keep us posted!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Aww, she is so cute! And as everyone else has said I TOTALLY commend you on the whole not eating dairy thing. I couldn't do it. I just couldn't. I'm addicted. Glad things are going better. And what a sweet thing for Shawn to do. You deserve it!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Girl, you are doing so great. The sacrifices we make for these kids... It'll work out. You'll be glad. And just remember that it isn't forever.

Kudos to your husband for the flowers. He is a smart man.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

wow she's getting so big...what a cute outfit:) Oh and cute baby!!

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
»

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Muirfield village golf course buick rendezvous clomid day 3 vs day 5 Subaru vs enzo 1995 buick riviera thermostat repair 1937 buick davenport sports dome Ski snowboard car rack Compare cell phone plans cellular buick clasic cars http://www.college-need-scholarships-now.info Mazda 626 forums 1998 buick recalls

 

Post a Comment

<< Home