Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Hard Knock Life...





My life is lyrics these days. Different day/ different song. The two most appropriate songs at the moment: It's a hard knock life and Ice Cream (by Sarah McLachlan).
Add Thrush, Reflux, a milk allergy and Eczema (which I originally thought was baby acne) to Colic and a cold and you've got Rylee's little resume of sicknesses. Poor peanut. I hate seeing her miserable. The good thing is diagnosing the milk allergy has cut down on the Colic. I have been dairy-free for exactly one week now (which has been TORTURE) and we have seen remarkable differences in her demeanor. She used to cry from the second I got home from work until long after we went to bed every night. It's so awesome to see her awake and happy! As much as I feel like cutting out cheese, ice-cream and chocolate might be the death of me, it is TOTALLY worth it to see her happy.
Your love is better than ice cream
Better than anything else that I’ve tried
And your love is better than ice cream
Everyone here knows how to fight

And it’s a long way down
It’s a long way down
It’s a long way down to the place
Where we started from

Your love is better than chocolate
Better than anything else that I’ve tried
Your love is better than chocolate
Everyone here knows how to cry


UPDATED: The previous postpardum ranting had to be removed due to ruffled feathers from the plaintiff.

11 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Oh honey I feel your pain. I am not a basketball widow, but my hubby couldn't get up with Ethan becasue he'd go crazy, since he couldn't calm him down. Oh wait...I can't calm him down either!
Ethan also had a milk allergy! I insisted on nursing him for 3 months,a nd I DID NOT have the discipline to stop eating dairy. If things are looking better for her that is good, but if you still have problems, you might want to cut out the ingrediant whey. Which is in EVERYTHING, gravy, bread, crackers...you name it, it has whey in it. That is finally why we did soy formula. Hopefully Rylee isn't that sensitive though. And hang i there, Ethan is able to drink regular milk since he was about 12 months!

She is a cutie though, and you will see changes in your hubby as the years go by. Sad that they don't feel like their life has to change, but us women have no choice!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Drea said...

yikes sounds like a hard few weeks for you. I'm sorry shes allergic to milk... boy that can be a pain. My friend Aprils 2nd child was allergic.. and she breastfed. She said she never realized how many things had dairy in them until she had to watch what she ate for his sake.

I commend you for trying though. Most women would give up doing that and use formula.

I had to use formula my milk dried up due to various reasons...
formula worked great for Caleb. He is as healthy as a lark.. but it was expensive.

Now though we have Wic.. so next baby if we have to use formula.. all of it will be free... lol sweet!

any how. Dont fret w/ the Exzema.. Caleb had a few patches and they went away after getting him better creams.

Also. I have exzema on my arms and legs. I got it as a teen. You cant tell I have it unless you feel my arms... it feels as if I have goosebumps on them. Other than that they look normal. Oh and its only the top of my arms.. not the under side of them... strange.. but its better than other illnesses!

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avery has baby eczema now. Our pediatrician told us to put Alpha Keri oil in his bath water (found it at Walmart) and to use Eucerin lotion. Seems to be getting a little better.

The very fact that you got a smiling picture of Rylee this early is leaps and bounds ahead of where Avery was at this age... colic is no fun! Men and women react very differently to babies and parenthood, you are not alone in your feelings.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

I'm sorry Jamie. That has to be rough, but like Donna said hopefully it will change. And if it doesn't...go ahead and beat him with the wipewarmer thingy. Rylee is sooo adorable! How can you not spend time with a little cutie like that?

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Huh damn I missed the rant.

Glad sweet baby Rylee is feeling better!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Bek said...

look at her smiling. she looks so happy!! :) i LOVE that "your love is better than" song!!! and look, at you, putting it in action! :) you are doing great, mommy. keep up the good work...it'll get easier...

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Bek said...

oh, i guess i missed the rant too....though i think i can guess by reading the comments and by, o yeah, remembering what postpardum was like myself!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I was lactose intolerant as a baby. My mother said I was miserable.

My friend's 6 week old daughter has pink eye.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

That's good to hear that she is getting better

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

Such a cutie :)

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How the heck have you been?? I've tried to chat a few times online but haven't been able to catch you!! Email me sometime....I couldn't find Rylee's actual birthday and stats on here....she's so cute!! Can't wait to meet her!!

Take care!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home