Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Don't be such a chicken!



I'm so excited for Halloween this year - all because of Rylee and her adorable big-fat-chicken costume. Have you ever seen anything so cute? One problem... she HATES it. I even go near her with it and she starts to thrash. Still... it's so freakin' cute. There are more pics of Rylee including other chicken pics on flickr.

Life is pretty crazy these days. We are just SO BUSY. I can't remember the last time I read a book to Rylee. She is in daycare 10 hours days - 5 days a week. I have a 2 & 1/2 hour commute to work (round trip) so my full-time job is even longer. That is only temporary - thank God - and hopefully by December I'll be working close to home. This week I have worked nights for the first time ever. 11 pm to 7 am nights. It was hellish. I am completely exhausted. I worked last night and slept this morning from 9:15 am to 12:15 pm and then headed to a baby shower. I was supposed to work first thing tomorrow morning but luckily that was changed and I have the day off to recover. I start training on my "real" job on Monday. Excited and nervous. Excited to jump in and nervous that I won't be able to focus and stay awake. It should be a pretty intense 6 week training process and then some hands on work until I'm ready to spread my wings and buy on my own. Scary.

I can't believe that just a few weeks ago I was fairly caught up on my "things to do" list. It's once again huge and I can never find the time to tackle it. I'm going to have to figure out how to prioritize better because even things like paying bills are getting put off due to lack of time. Where do the hours go? It would certainly help if my husband didn't work 70ish hours a week. Ugh. Such bad timing for us both to work so much - I just wish I could be home to enjoy this wonderful stage we're in. I love every bit of age 8 months and am hoping that even though I'm exhausted I can remember to post everything in her 8 month letter. Hope you're all doing well!!!

4 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the EXACT same outfit for Addy :)!!!

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I just laughed out load. For one, because she looks adorable...and two, my niece has the SAME outfilt, lol.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Bek said...

omy! love fat chickens!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Drea said...

im behind on your blog...
what a cute costume.. I have no clue what to dress Caleb as :-)
last year he was Froto Baggins from Lord of the Rings LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home