Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 15, 2005

TGIF!

Shawn has been consumed with men's league basketball and the Red Sox so he hasn't been around much over the past few weeks. I'm looking forward to my weekend... lounging around with him tonight, going to dinner with Kevin and Miranda tomorrow and going to see the Sox on Sunday with Amy. I'm hoping that my latest Neflix pick (Spanglish) will be in the mailbox today when I get home, although I have a feeling this will be a movie that I enjoy more than Shawn.

If you don't already have Netflix, JOIN NOW! It is the best thing ever. My best friend, Amy, bought me a gift subscription for 2 months! I've had it for over a month now and don't know if I could ever live without it. They have every movie imaginable and you make a huge list of movies that you want to watch and they send them to you in that order. You can change the order at any time or delete movies you no longer want to see. The turnaround time is amazing! You drop the postage-paid DVD in the mail and they receive it the very next day. This blows my mind b/c when you send out a letter or bill, it takes about 3 weeks. That day they mail out your next DVD and you get it the following day. So two days after you mail out a DVD, you have a new one in hand. Before Netflix we watched about 1 movie a week. Now I watch 4. I'm definitely getting my money's worth! At $18/ month for unlimited 3-at-a-time movies, I end up barely paying over $1 a piece. The best part: I never have to go to the movie store or worry about getting a movie back on time. It's great. Get it. You'll love it, too.

Today I got a visit from my buddy, Steve, and I have my nieces with me at work. Kayla is 8 and Hannah is 6. They're not doing much in the way of entertaining me because at the moment they are engrossed in Lizzie McGuire. Hannah, who is a chocoholic like her auntie, just put down 1/2 a stack of thin mints (the rule was 'only two!') while I was on the phone. Even I can't eat that fast. So... needless to say, I'm expecting someone to have a belly ache very soon...

1 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jean and I are closing on the 27th. It is very unlikely we are going to make the class reunion. Hope all is well.

Joshua

 

Post a Comment

<< Home